Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #21
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your

I had a blood test right away to check my HCG levels but I didn't get a real appointment until 6-8 weeks.

Advertisement

SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #22
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your

Well I went to my family dr for my blood test to say yes Im preg, and I called today an OB for an appt and I dont go until Feb 26 (they said 8-9 weeks for the 1st) and I was told about 8 when preg with Aidan..
Congrats again
Old 01-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #23
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP

11 weeks...
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #24
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both times I have gone in at 8weeks, that is when they wanted me to come in. It was basically here are your prenatals, and they do a pap smear and all that good stuff. Then I went to the lab and had a bunch of bloodwork, you then go back every 4 weeks until 28weeks along, and then it goes to every 2 weeks until you get to 36 weeks then it is weekly. Basically all I have left is my Strep B test around 36 weeks, other than that it is just to make sure baby is growing properly. I laugh because I spend more time waiting then I do with the doctor, it only takes him 2-3 minutes to come in measure me, listen to babies heartbeat, and answer any questions I have and then he sends me off. Don't get me wrong he does not rush me at all it just doesn't take that long and I don't usually have many questions or ones that take much discussion. LOL
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #25
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I went in and took a pregnancy test and of course it was positive.. the nurse told me congratulations i said thanks, i knew i was pregnant, i took 4 tests at home including a digital, she laughed and said, you wanted to be sure..lol
she was very nice, her name is karen, i am 4w3d today and go back in 3 weeks on Tuesday 2/20 @ 2:30p, i will be getting my pelvic done, i was hopig i got one fo the midwives but i am scheduled with one of the male drs..it is a 51 mile round trip from home, it didn't seem terribly long to get there and seemed faster coming back home, it was nice, i got a pregnancy verification for my health insurance and for wic if i need it, but we arent on wic right now so i will hold on to it
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #26
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP

I had the blood tests done with both boys, but #1 I didnt have my first actual appt till 14 1/2 weeks and number 2 I had my first appt at 8 1/2 weeks
Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

yeah my 2/20 is my first official appointment, i can't wait! i am hoping they give me an u/s to see the baby's heartbeating
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote