Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Home Birthing Mamas, I have some questions for you!

I found a midwife for my first two HB's by calling around, talking on the phone. From there I decided who to visit. W/ my first I switched from hospital midwives to HB midwives. I did not have a doula and didn't feel I needed one. I am a doula myself, but just didn't need that. My midwife w/ my first HB was good in that dept as labor support. We have always had an easy time obtaining a BC, even w/ 7 UC's. W/ my first HB my twins were 20 months. I sent them to my parent's house. W/ my next my twins were 4y/o and my third was 3y/o. It was a surprise UC and they did wonderful. Watched tv then came in right after she was born. It was just dh and I in the house. I had a hospital birth w/ my twins. My last 8 were born at home and I will never go back to the hospital unless there is an emergency.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Home Birthing Mamas, I have some questions for you!

Great advice from all, thank you so much!
I completely didn't think of what other tasks the MW might have besides just being there, so thanks for giving me an idea This is why I like to ask questions so far ahead of time *lol*

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote