Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
thrifty917
Registered Users

Who uses flushable liners?

Just starting CDing my 5 month old but I'm a little apprehensive about when he gets older and has god awful stinky poop like my toddler does.

I feel like flushable liners would eliminate that problem but aren't they a little pricey? What brand do you use?

Advertisement

thrifty917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who uses flushable liners?

I like Imse Vimse liners. They are a little heavier, so if your LO only wets them, you can carefully wash/hang dry/re-use them. We use them when we don't have access to our diaper sprayer.
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
parkers_mom
8/14 File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

I also like the Imse Vimse liners. We only use them when we are going out and for the babysitter, but for those times they are wonderful. We do wash them if they only peed in them, they will normally hold up for a wash or two.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
happymarriedwkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree with the pp, i LOVE the Imse Vimse Liners- and if only wet can wash and reuse three or four time i just lay them on top of dryer- but with the poop- just toss- it helps keep diaper stain free and so much less mess- my lo is 2 1/2 and once soilds are in- liners go in
and not that much $ they come in rolls of 100-
happymarriedwkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Bee21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use the imse vimse liners for the sitter. They will usually go through 3-4 washes before finally falling apart- so you'll get plenty of uses out of them (as long as they are just peed on).

A cheaper alternative, if you use disposable wipes- there are some brands you can wash and hold up, and actually soft/stretchy. I like the Target brand up & up wipes. Use them as wipes, then wash them and use them as liners. You can't flush them, but if you were going to throw it away in the first place, at least you are getting another use out of it.
Bee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

I guess I'm the only one that didn't like ImseVimse! I tried the ImseVimse with my toddler and they feel rough kind of like a dryer sheet. Most of the poo would get on the liner but some would still be on the dipe a lot of times. I did like that they were thick so could be washed if used in a pee dipe but they held the poo right up against him so he'd get a rash every time! I ended up buying fleece at joann fabrics and making fleece liners. They worked so much better for us! No rashes, soft, and reusable!
aliciamarie632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
juliebee52
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use kushies and I reuse them too, but I used detergent today instead of the usual baking soda/vinegar and they got buildup so I cannot reuse them. I use a fleece liner under the kushies just in case bcuz dunking grosses me out.
juliebee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee52 View Post
I use kushies and I reuse them too, but I used detergent today instead of the usual baking soda/vinegar and they got buildup so I cannot reuse them. I use a fleece liner under the kushies just in case bcuz dunking grosses me out.
How can you tell they have buildup? I have been using the Bambino Mio liners and washing the pee'd on ones and using detergent in the wash but I don't know how to tell if they have buildup or not. I haven't noticed them not being effective when I reuse them, but then again, I don't know what to look for.

Quote:
A cheaper alternative, if you use disposable wipes- there are some brands you can wash and hold up, and actually soft/stretchy. I like the Target brand up & up wipes. Use them as wipes, then wash them and use them as liners. You can't flush them, but if you were going to throw it away in the first place, at least you are getting another use out of it.
Oooh, I love this idea! I always wished there was an alternative to using them once then tossing them because in all honesty, almost all of the brands are pretty strong. I haven't converted to cloth wipes yet and I have a brand new huge box of Pampers wipes which are sturdy...not quite as thick and sturdy as Huggies but sturdy enough I am sure they'd withstand at least one washing. Can they be washed in with the cd's or is there any danger of that causing the cd's to repell?
divabeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use kushies. I wash them too with soap. I only use the flushable liners when going out so 100 sheets last us for a long time. At home, I use fleece liners. I cut them from the fleece scarf bought at the dollar store.
qtytot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
AnotherNoVaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another vote for Imse Vimse. I just can't bring myself to dunk and swish, and don't have a diaper sprayer (though I have grudgingly started thinking about getting one . . . I'm resistant to the extra step). Sometimes the poop does go outside the liner, but the liners help a lot. I have a peanut butter poop toddler, so they are especially useful for that reason.