Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does jogging help firm up loose skin?

I've had four kids, and have a bit of extra skin on my tummy. I'm also trying to lose a bit of extra fat around my midsection, and firm up muscles I thought I didn't have anymore. I was doing okay with losing weight up until about 5 days ago when I fell off the wagon. But before that, I noticed my stomach was shrinking, but when that happened I noticed even MORE excess skin and it made my stretch marks look even worse. Does jogging help at all with this? My hubby said high impact cardio would help a bit.

Also, any tips on keeping binge eating at bay?? I find I always have a healthy breakfast, but if there's any yummy leftovers in the fridge I can't stop myself from eating them and I usually end up eating twice the amount I should. And then the same thing happens at supper time. Any tips?? I think it's partly due to loneliness too, foods always been my comfort . DH works away a lot and I don't have a lot of family here that I see that often, and any friends are busy with their own kids/jobs.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does jogging help firm up loose skin?

sad to say, stretched out skin does not "bounce back". Cardio burns fat, while strength training builds muscle (which in turns burns more calories at rest because you rev up your metabolism )

Eating clean will help with any tummy fat. But remember, you cannot "spot reduce" fat either. Crunches do not automatically melt fat away there, it builds muscle there. Fat comes off throughout the body.

Jogging won't hurt though, so give it a whirl. It can help strengthen your core too.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

your skin may go back to a decent shape with time, remember that you rapidly tore it apart 4 times, what if you did that to a tendon? or your heart (tho a heart muscle cannot re-generate) it would take a LONG time to feel better. I've noticed that for a year after the birth of my kids I look worse and worse around the midsection, but at thier first b-day it starts to firm up a little, then I get preggo and destroy it all over again

we're done with kids so I'm super anxious to get it back to looking, well, not like i have a kangaroo pouch, but I know it will take time. it also depends on your age too! the younger you are the better your chances of it firming up.

Oh my family swears on tanning a little to hide the look of stretch marks, they don't go away but you may be able to blend them a littl eby getting some sun, plus it'll build vit. D which will also help your skin, just don't over do it.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and the heathier you are the better your chances. If your body isn't repairing other damage it can work on that tummy