Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does this sound like a silly idea?

I bought an 8oz container of guar gum and 8oz pkg of xanthan gum to try a recipe tonight. I was hesitant to spend $17 on two ingredients in case I didn't like the recipe. So I made it anyway. Definitely never making it again. Ick. Anyway, before making it, I kept thinking it'd make so much more sense if I could find a sample of ea (since I only needed a tsp of ea), but I didn't find that.

Would anyone be interested in buying a few tsp's of ea from me? Am I the only one wishing to have just a sample of these? They are common ingredients in gluten-free recipes, but I don't follow that kind of diet. So here I sit with 47 tsp's (yep, I'm a nerd. I figured it out) of each guar gum and xanthan gum. From what I understand, most recipes only call for a small amt. Is it a dumb idea to offer 'samples' for ppl like me who might want to not spend $17? Or am I the only one? You can be honest. I'm really curious .

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
GandH'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does this sound like a silly idea?

No idea, but you made me giggle