Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
chefslinejenn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile GMD red prefolds and covers question

Hi all!
I could use some help. My son is quickly outgrowing his small organic cotton prefolds but he generally is still wearing small covers. I have some Thirstie's and Litewrap smalls from green mountain and want to buy medium size diapers - the red edge ones. Think they will fit ok? So guess I have two questions. Should I bump up to the red edge (seems like a standard size) cloth prefold now? And will red edge fit in my covers? My son is 2.5 months old around 12 pounds and long waisted for now anyway. Thanks!

Advertisement

chefslinejenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: GMD red prefolds and covers question

Red would last longer but yellow would be a better fit. The yellows will also fit under the small covers. I am not sure the red ones would fit in the smalls.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At 12 lb, you will definitely be folding the reds down, so I think they will fit under your covers- it will be bulky for awhile. I'm guessing you will have to size up when you stop folding the reds.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
LuvinMyFamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The reds would be bulky under small covers. The yellows sound like they would fit perfectly. The reds are totally do-able you'll just have to fold down the rise. They won't be as trim and you couldn't trifold without folding...but if you are about to outgrow smalls they would be the right way to go! If you think you'll be in smalls for a while you could consider the yellow edge. I can pin a yellow edge on my 1yo still and they fit great. I use reds on him mainly but the yellows last a while thats for sure. HTH's
LuvinMyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
chefslinejenn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your replies are just what I needed. I will hope for some yellows to keep me busy on diaperswappers (!) but go for red if I need to purchase new. Thanks much!!! Jenn
chefslinejenn is offline   Reply With Quote