View Poll Results: When did you decide on a name?
Before conception 7 13.46%
Early in my pregnancy 14 26.92%
Late in my pregnancy 17 32.69%
After the baby was born 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Roerte
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: When did you decide on a name for your DC?

We went to an engaged-couples retreat before we got married, and there was the game that asked questions to see how much you knew your SO. On naming a future baby, a lot of the couples had already figured out full names for up to three children. DH and me? We had nothing. ^^;;

If you're like us, you'd have to actually make a concentrated effort in naming, just so you don't have relatives hounding you to name the baby after them. I had to put the names book next to the bed with a spiral and pen, and we ended up using the process of elimination every other night or so.Took forever, but at least we got somewhere. Good luck!

Advertisement

Roerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

after DS was born. I had a name all picked out but DS's dad made me change it at the last minute, so to speak. i have no clue how we even came up with his name. I just remember sitting in the hospital thinking viktor sounded nice, lol.

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #13
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have always had names that I liked early on, but dh would never go along with them. With our first we finalized a girls name on the way to the hospital, with #2 it was a couple days before she was born. We didn't know the gender either time, and of course we've had a boys name all set since before dd #1 was born!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #14
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I first got pg with Bruce I picked out all of these girls names. Once we found out he was a boy we ended up picking a name at the end of summer and he was born in Oct. So, I would say in the middle of being pg.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 AM   #15
qtpies7
Registered Users
seller

Its different with most of my children! Most of them were picked out during the pregnancy.
My first was in late pregnancy, and then with the second child we used the girls name for her, so her's was before, even though we did argue about using it during the pg, hehe. I won.
My third we just agreed on a name, no matter boy or girl it was Devon, then we just had the middle name to decide.
My 4th was during the pg, we gave him his own name, and then both his grandpa's names for 2 middle names.
My 5th I picked out before we knew she was a girl, and dh hated it, but at the u/s he announced to the siblings that was her name. then at birth I couldn't name her that, and let dh do whatever he wanted, and he stuck with it.
My 6th my dh did, it was later preg. But I "knew" she was a boy, so I didn't care. But she wasn't.
My 7th got the name we'd had picked out for 6 years and were going to use for #6. So his was before birth, WAY before birth, hehe.

Lisa
sahm to 7qtpies! Drew 18, Kaytlin 16, Devon 15, Cody 12, Hope-Anne 11, Trinity 4, and Samuel 1.
Visit my blog for fun, giveaways, product reviews and just plain crazy stuff that happens in our household. http://www.qtpies7.com
qtpies7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I said early pg because they were all different. Dominic was named after much "discussion" LOL after we found out he was a boy at 19-ish weeks.
Novarra's first name was picked out before we even TTC again but when we found out it was twin girls at 20 weeks (had a boy name, but no extra girl name lleyes2: ) we had much more "discussion" and I ended up picking Lorelei, DH was too tired to argue. Middle names are harder for me, I was pretty late into my pg before I had those finalized.
We do have them chosen for the next baby, though! Saves all that "discussion".
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #17
stellar225
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had a list of names that made it to the finals, but we didn't name either kid until they were born and we had a chance to meet them.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #18
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

I voted before they were concieved. For this baby, ds4, we had his name since our last baby was a couple monthes old, so for about 2 1/2 years now.

dd1 hubby named. I think he had been stuck on her name for quite sometime. I had no say, if I had she would be named something else!

ds1 I had a list of names I wrote down in high school and after marking names with stars in the babyname book, this was the only boy name my ex liked in the entire book. Then i told him he would have my dads name for his middle name no matter what. and he does...lol

ds2 His name came from my highschool list and his middle name came from a dear friend that was killed in a car accident.

dd2 I had made a list of girl names and this was at the top. So when we knew we were getting her we read through them and decided this would be her name. It fits perfect.

dd3 I had a few different names for her. Then one day in church her name was loud and clear...I leaned over to hubby and said the first name, had the middle name in mind but didnt voice it, he said he liked it, then said the middle name i hadnt yet! So we knew forsure that was her name.

ds3 we decided his name when I was a few months along.

dd4 We named her the name we had picked out for ds4.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #19
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um, all ove the above .
Ds #1 was named from finding out gender til, I was 37wks, then it was tossed and we were between 2 names, and waited til birth for sure!
Ds#2 was named the weekend after finding out he was a boy at 26wks.
DD was named before conception IF she was a girl...if boy name was decided on at 20wks

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #20
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD (our #1 and we didn't find out gender) we had the boy & girl first name picked out before conception and the middle names came together before I was showing!

With DS, we knew he was a boy and we didn't have his name picked until the day before he made his appearance. For some reason we just didn't go with the boy name we had picked the first time around.

With this pregnancy, I'm still very early and haven't decided on a thing yet!
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote