Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
WasabiMommi
Banned

My Mood:
TTC #2 after emerg. c section & Old wives tale question!

We aren't going to TTC #2 until after my bday (in Sept) so I can enjoy this summer morning sickness and newborn free! But, I am having some anxiety about TTC. I had an emergency csection with DD because I had undiagnosed Cholestasis. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. There is a good chance I will have it again but, we will be able to catch it and take care of it this time around. What I am really scared about (more than a second csection ) is being pregnant after such a rough cesection. I am worried about new pains and complications. I know DH will be totally willing to TTC before my bday towards the end of the summer but, I am really scared. Are there any risks of being pregnant again after an emergency c?? Oh and, DD will be about 17 months old when Sept. rolls around.

Question #2! I know they may be old wives tales but I really want a boy this time!! We had a girl the first time around and she was the first girl to be born in DHs family in over 100 years! What are the wives tales favoring the odds for a boy? This will be our last baby so I am hoping we get a boy! Has anyone tried anything that worked? Please share!

Advertisement

Last edited by WasabiMommi; 02-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.
WasabiMommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
MadeOfStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC #2 after emerg. c section & Old wives tale question!

Well, I have heard that if you have at least 2 years between births, your c/s should not be an issue. I also heard that the closer to ovulation, the greater the chance of a boy. I think it is that the Y spermies swim faster but the X ones last longer...
C, wife to T (4-1-06), mama to M (11-18-07), TTC #2
ISO
MadeOfStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
WasabiMommi
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeOfStars View Post
Well, I have heard that if you have at least 2 years between births, your c/s should not be an issue. I also heard that the closer to ovulation, the greater the chance of a boy. I think it is that the Y spermies swim faster but the X ones last longer...
Spermies! Thanks! I just started charting my periods since DH seems to think they are irregular. I never really paid much attention before. But, with this nifty chart thing I should be able to see when I am ovulating so we can time it just right!
WasabiMommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
MadeOfStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can put a link to your chart (if you use an online one) and folks here will look at it and give advice and stuff. Check out the daily ATTS thread too. I don't chart (too disorganized for that) but have gotten a ovulation predictor thing (Ov Watch) that I think will work for us. GL!
C, wife to T (4-1-06), mama to M (11-18-07), TTC #2
ISO
MadeOfStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
misidawnrn
Registered Users
seller

gon on line and check out Shettles method for conceiving. It worked both times my sister tried it (for girls). Basic concept is the closer to ovulation that you have the dance the more chance for a boy and the farther away from ovulation the higher chance for a girl.
so if you ovulate on the 10th, you should BD the 9th or 10th for a boy and the 7th or 8th for a girl.
misidawnrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
YiddoBug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had all 3 cesareans. My first and second were 5 years apart. My first cesarean was really hard on me. It was also an emergency. My second was a WONDERFUL recovery. I really felt great. TMI, but I hardly even had any pp bleeding. My 2nd and 3rd were 20 months apart and it was a considerably more difficult recovery, but having busy 20-month old DD kept my mind off it.

With my 2 planned pregnancies (#2 and #3), the shettles method was right on.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
ArmyMommyTo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not TTC, but I will say that I had three c/s in three years. My first wasn't labeled as an emergency, I did labor for almost 20hrs before the c/s though. 20m later I had my 2nd c/s. It was great, I recovered much fast then with my first. Then 16m after that, I had c/s #3, it was also ok though I was told no more after that or I would most likely need a hysterectomy. I have hard pregnancies though and that is why my OB told me to be done... Good luck!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
MommyMilktm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can read what I posted here about gender swaying for a boy http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...446:goodvibes:
♥ Breast Milk Pendants ♥My ISO MommyMilk® Creations ~Nursing/maternity tanks/night shirts, Tutu's, crayon rolls, coffee cozies and more!~ Donate broken crayons to Crayons for Cancer, please PM me for info.
MommyMilktm is offline   Reply With Quote