Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Taking safety straps off Stokke Tripp Trapp

Can anyone tell me how to remove the safety straps from a Stokke Tripp Trapp chair? I just got one from a garage sale this morning and wanted to bleach the straps but i can't figure how to get them off.

THanks.

Advertisement

marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Re: Taking safety straps off Stokke Tripp Trapp

I'm not sure they're supposed to come off. BRB am going to find my owners manual.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Okay...this is what the manual says:

The restraint system can be removed when your child has reached the age of 36 months. Use a tool to remove the spring under the seat plate to detach the crotch strap. Use a screwdriver to detach the rest of the harness from the backrest.

It says nothing about how to put it back on again.

If I were you, I would take it outside, flip it over, and use a spray bottle or a rag to douse it w/ bleach/water and then clean it that way.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on such a great garage sale find!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
nml12903
Registered Users
seller

I've taken mine off to clean a bunch of times! Just unscrew the shoulder straps, and the crotch strap kinda just pops off if you use a flat screwdriver and kinda pry under it. That's the best I can explain. Hope that helps!
nml12903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nml12903 View Post
I've taken mine off to clean a bunch of times! Just unscrew the shoulder straps, and the crotch strap kinda just pops off if you use a flat screwdriver and kinda pry under it. That's the best I can explain. Hope that helps!
we already have one and i bleached those straps eons ago, so i know it can work. but i feel like i broke something when i did it. with the back straps what are you unscrewing? the board they are attached to? or the little clips they are in? and then the crotch strap, do you take the whole plastic mechanism off? we left it on our first chair and it's still there even though the straps are gone.

i'm nesting now and would love to take advantage of my perserverance (sp?)!
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
nml12903
Registered Users
seller

There is a screw under the bottom bar on the back of the chair. I unscrew that, and the whole harness comes off. For the bottom, I pop the whole plastic part off. If you look underneath, there are two while little teeth holding it on. If you push those back (towards the hole) and use a screwdriver from the top, but white plastic part comes off pretty easily. You would think that such a simple chair would have an easier system!
nml12903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Old bump! I just got one of these off Craigslist but I can't figure out how to get the harness off, even with the responses above. I unscrewed it but do I need to take apart the chair so I can slide the harness off or is there an easier way to do it? It's sewn where the screw goes so it doesn't look like it's easily removable.

Also, mine didn't come with the glider feet that are mentioned in all the videos I'm seeing online. How important are those? Should I see if I can buy some replacements?
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Tommys_Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somamama View Post
Old bump! I just got one of these off Craigslist but I can't figure out how to get the harness off, even with the responses above. I unscrewed it but do I need to take apart the chair so I can slide the harness off or is there an easier way to do it? It's sewn where the screw goes so it doesn't look like it's easily removable.

Also, mine didn't come with the glider feet that are mentioned in all the videos I'm seeing online. How important are those? Should I see if I can buy some replacements?
Do you think your kid will push off of the table or a wall or anything with their feet? We have them for my 3 any 5 year old sons and we still have the little extender things on them but my 5 year old would be completely fine without them. Even my 3 younger probably would too but he is kind of wild so who knows ha ha. I would think if you were using it for an older kid or one that isn't a climber or a kicker you would probably be fine
Tommys_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote