Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Looking for mama to make wool in one diapers

I am expecting another baby in June and the mama who made my last wool in ones (last year), it looks like she will be unavailable to make them for the new baby. I am looking for sized interlock wool diapers (or might consider a one size/two size but they would need to fit a 6 lb baby) with snap in bamboo inserts and hemp or bamboo doublers as well. I can send pictures of what I am using now, if that helps. Thanks!!!!!

Advertisement

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 02-20-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Looking for mama to make wool in one diapers

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
suzygrasshopper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey Cary-Anne fancy meeting you here Did you find wool diapers? I found a lady who makes them in Calgary today actually she is A Lovely Start. She has a blog as well as a fb page. I hope that helps btw congrats on your 4th I hope soon I will be expecting our fourth too!
suzygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok this might be an odd question but I am trying to place who you are

Yes I am getting Katie at Kooshie Keister to make me some. Michelle at A Lovely Start made me some really cute trainers for Danielle and did a great job (hers are under Feb 7 blog). I would have got her to make me some wool in ones too but she only has recycled wool, at least at this time.

Thanks, baby is due very soon!!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
suzygrasshopper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Freecycle you started me on my adventure of diapering. Thank you btw for all the great advice!
suzygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, ok, I remember now Your welcome!!!! Hope it is going well. The mama's on here are great for helping out and giving advise

Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
jchristison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do you like these? Would you mind posting some pics?
jchristison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristison View Post
How do you like these? Would you mind posting some pics?
The one size have a 13" rise on fold down and an 18" rise on larger size. Wool is stretchy too, so they will go even bigger. Anyway I am using on my petite 2 year old who only has a 13" rise. So we are using on fold down size for her and they are great!!!! But they will be way too big for new baby. So I got her to make me some WI1's/WI2's that will fit from 5 lbs to 14 lbs (they are in mail to me right now) and then she will make me a size medium too that will fit from 14 lbs to 25 lbs when the one size should fit the baby too. Here are pictures:

Here is insides how I wanted them made. I wanted snap covers for one size which she normally only does for her fitteds. I wanted the long soakers attached at back (underneath) and I wanted elastic in legs of snap in soakers to contain messes better and wanted them topped with microfleece.

Here is how she normally makes her inners:

Here are pictures of newborn cover before she added snaps for belly button fold down:

Here is picture of newborn inner:

Let me know if you would like pictures of them on my toddler/baby. The one size is still a bit big even on fold down with my 2 year old since she is so petite!!!

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 06-04-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #10
ALovelyStart
Registered Users
Formerly: OnTheJourney
seller

Hey Carey-Anne,
Those look great! I can't wait to see those little ones in some action shots! I thought you were getting them done somewhere else? I may be mistaken.
Oh and thanks for the props as well.

I have actually gotten some interlock in, but for now only for my own use and to test out my patterns on my little ones. I did get a NB/Small Wool-in-two created as well that I cannot wait to try out on my next wee one. (hopefully soon!) Once I try it out and tweak it and figure out a weight/size range, I will hopefully be selling some. I posted pics on my FB page a while back, but I thought I would share a couple with you here too.
The red one is the wool blend and it is buttery soft! I love it and can't wait to try it on a baby!
The orange one is 100% merino. I think maybe I felted it a bit much, not sure yet until I try it. It is a bit stiffer than the red one though. Ad I have a freshly dyed green one on the back of my chair right now waiting for snaps!
For now these just have a 4 layer OBF soaker topped with 1 layer OBV. I have to give a doubler a bit more thought but wanted to try these like this before I went crazy on something that may not work the best.

Pop By my Fan Page on Facebook!
Shop at my Hyena Cart or come by my DS WAHM Tread! Stocking on Bitty Fluff 1st & 3rd Fridays and A La Mode on the 15th of the month!
ALovelyStart is offline   Reply With Quote