Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
My Mood:
Healthier Cookie Recipes?

I am trying to make healthier food for my family but also still have the fun stuff they like. Ds is coming up on 3 and is getting really into helping me make things and LOVES to make cookies. I would love to find some somewhat healthier cookies I an make vs the traditional sugar and chocolate chip cookies. I appreciate any help you mama's can give me. Thanks

The Tiny Panda
like us on facebook! We make Dragons, Woolies, Hats, Cocoons, Gnomes & More!
Wahm Wares Page
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Healthier Cookie Recipes?

Well these still have some sugar in them but are a huge improvement IMO. I started making them when DS was born because they are full of oatmeal and brewer's yeast for Bfing. My DH loved them so much that I still make them...I only make cookies every few months and mostly for him but this is the only recipe I bother with now.
Cut both sugars down to 3/4 cup, and use whole wheat flour for half the flour. I just use nutritional yeast b/c it's cheaper but still has lots of good B vitamins. Don't skip the ground flax & water, it's great for fiber and without it the texture just isn't the same! Mmm with some dark chocolate chips...heaven!
R, married to R, SAHM to M (4/20/08) Cooking, knitting, and spinning up a storm!
elleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I switch out oil for applesauce, add a little bit of veggie puree (usually cauliflower, it's white and not as noticeable!) and sub some of the flour for WW flour.. I also reduce the sugar a tad, as there is usually PLENTY in a recipe to have some leeway.
Jacklen - Wife to James, mom to M, C, and A
IHA: several halloween costumes, handmade soap, product photography, fitteds, Flips - try me!
ISO: Monster High (dolls, bedding, clothing size 6/7, etc) and an Ash Ketchum (Pokemon) costume size 5/6
LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Use Whole Wheat or Whole Oat Flour instead of white all purpose. Try making a carob chip instead of chocolate chip. I'm going to try this one soon:

This is a good no bake recipe: http://naturallythriftyathome.blogsp...let-balls.html
Bfing & Cding SAHM
Adamsmama is offline   Reply With Quote