Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:
AF 7 days late so far...still BFN

Well I don't chart or temp, or really pay attention to my CM...but I do know when AF is suppose to arrive. And just because it was something very diff., I noticed I had a huge glob of CM on CD 23 (I made sure I DTD that day) and then seemed to have a lot of CM also on CD25 (Also DTD that day). Well AF was suppose to arrive last tues. (9th) and still isn't here. I tested early on the 8th (monday) and it was a BFN. So I just left it alone and figured AF was coming shortly. Well when it still didn't arrive on Sun. (14th), I decided to take another test just incase it was a BFP and I could suprise DH. Well it was also a BFN. I am not testing until another wk. has gone by or AF shows up. So am I def. not preg. then? We have been actively TTC for a few months now. No sign of AF coming either. Oh yea and I was cramping really bad in the middle of my cycle and I thought for sure AF was going to come way early, but it didn't. I never cramp unless it's AF. So that was weird. For the past two weeks occasionally when I wipe I will see like a speck of blood (like a pin point), not spotting or smears or anything like that. So I am thinking somehow something is cut up in there, or something for me to get specks here and there if I wipe a certain way. Weird I know.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Re: AF 7 days late so far...still BFN

I think your cycle's still working itself out.. especially after the past few months being so wonky with it coming early & such.

I would wait another week, and test again if AF hasn't shown.

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post

I would wait another week, and test again if AF hasn't shown.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Well I don't chart or temp, or really pay attention to my CM...but I do know when AF is suppose to arrive.
just my but if you are not charting/temping you cannot know when you o'd as even cramps and cm are not sure signs you did o. the first part of a woman's cycle, the time before ovulation can be predictable (the "normal" legnth of this cycle is said to be 14 days) but it can also vary quite a bit even in different cycles for the same woman, depending on things like stress, illness, bfing, travel, miscarriage, birth of a baby, whatever, as even very "regular" women can have wonky cycles.

if you "know" when af is supposed to arrive based on when you last had af only, then the other factors are unaccounted for, and can make you think you are "late" even if you are not. the time after ovulation should be pretty standard for each woman (typically 14 days, which makes the total "average" cycle 28 days long). the only way AF would be "late" is if you were more than 14 days past ovulation. so unless you know you ovulated 21 days ago (or so), AF may not be late at all. if you know you did o 21 days ago and are still getting bfns, i'd go in for bloodwork to be sure, as unusually long lps (not due to pregnancy) can be a symptom of something needing attention. hth!

i agree with the pp that if you are not sure when you o'd and af hasn't arrived in another week, test again

Last edited by kt~mommy; 02-15-2010 at 02:42 PM.
kt~mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt~mommy View Post
just my but if you are not charting/temping you cannot know when you o'd as even cramps and cm are not sure signs you did o. so AF may not be late at all. lots of things can interfere with the timing of o and even very "regular" women can have wonky cycles. i agree with the pp that if af hasn't arrived in another week, test again
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
too funny. i totally re-edited my post like 1000 times since you quoted me!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt~mommy View Post
too funny. i totally re-edited my post like 1000 times since you quoted me!
Still agree
Old 02-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with PP. Without a chart it is hard to say when you ovulated or if you even did ovulate. If you are still getting BFNs, then it is likely that you ovulated later than you thought you did, or perhaps haven't ovulated yet at all. I would give it another week or so and test again.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay thanks mommas! I guess I am more nervous that something is wrong than being preggo (although i obviously want to be preggo) with the specks of blood, vaginal pain, abdominal pain...ect. But I will try to just forget about it and wait for whatever ends up coming! Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you are still having the pain, you may want to get checked out by your OB/Midwife, JIC. I tested negative until I was about 5 weeks with my first, and it turns out it was ectopic. I started spotting 3 days after getting the BFP confirmed by my OB through blood tests.
Not trying to worry you, but just saying that if the spotting and pain are there, and the BFP isn't, it doesn't mean you aren't and can indicate a problem I don't know exactly what you are feeling, so it may just be the normal early pregnancy cramping or AF It can be so hard to tell.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote