Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Ready to TTC #2 but still no cycle??

DH and I are getting ready to start TTC #2 but I still have had no cycle and my DS will be 1 on February 25. I was kind of hoping to get pregnant in March-May to have the baby at the beginning of the year. I am a school teacher and would love to have the last half of the school year off with my baby. I also am not sure what is a good amount of time to use in spacing the babies. DS still nurses a lot, he is quite obsessed with his milk supply so how would that work if we did manage to conceive again? Do I nurse him through the pregnancy? Is that safe? What happens when baby 2 gets here? UGHH! So much to learn!

Believer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
My Mood:
Re: Ready to TTC #2 but still no cycle??

I got pregnant while still nursing. I cut it back from about 15 times a day, to just twice. 2 weeks later, I was pregnant and I could increase the breastfeeding again.
Nickel - mama to boys D 09 and F 10 and my girl H 12
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Ready to TTC #2 but still no cycle??

You may be ovulating even if AF hasn't returned. I know some mamas cut back on nursing to get AF and their cycles to return, but that is a choice you need to make based on your son's needs. My cycle returned 4 months PP and at almost 2 yo DD still nurses 8 times a day easily and usually once or twice at night.
You can nurse through your pregnancy, provided 1) your milk doesn't dry up and 2) you don't have any complications that could make nursing a problem (i.e. labour setting in too early).

I'd pick up some books regarding fertility while breastfeeding and tandem nursing I don't have a list off the top of my head, but I know that our La Leche group has quite a few, so maybe try contacting a local LLL leader to see what books they recommend
DH & I happily welcomed Squig March '08 and Hiccup March '12

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote