Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Can someone please tell me how to check my own cervix?

Originally Posted by *Willow* View Post
How are you feeling today? Any update?
Sorry I haven't been able to update today. I woke up this morning feeling normal again. I've been having the normal BH's at the "normal" strength all day. So, I did end up going through with the plans I had and I've been gone much longer than I expected. So, I haven't been on all day.

I didn't have my husband check my cervix. Since they were coming less frequently by the time I went to bed, I chickened out. I don't know why. It's not like he hasn't been in there many times before. I do think it's a good idea, like someone said, to have him check it so he gets an idea of what he's looking for and could be able to better determine a change if/when it happens. So, I think I'll try to toughen up and have him do it tonight.

Thanks so much for the support, Ladies!!!

Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
I also found the website helpful when trying to get a visual of what to feel for.

and i think it's a good thing you can't feel it, still high most likely...and also that your husband is willing to check now, and can feel tonight/today...and then if you need him to again in the future, he'll have a good idea if something has changed...

and yes, ofcourse he'll wash his hands..but i highly doubt he (or other husbands) wash their boy parts before "inserting" them other more fun times lol!
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was wondering if I should have him was "it" before anything fun happens. Unfortunately, we aren't having much fun anyway. I don't think it would be a great idea with all the contractions I'm already having.

Originally Posted by MyFourStars View Post
She's not due until MAY, let's not encourage her to strip her membranes.
Don't worry. I know better than that. I definitely won't be holding onto these babies long enough to need to do that anyway. Even my single was born at 39wks. No one is thinking I'm going to go past 36wks (I'll be lucky to go that long) and I definitely won't make it to 40wks. Thanks for looking out for me.

Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: *update post 21* Can someone please tell me how to check my own cervix?

I'm so glad you're doing fine!

And I do think it's a good idea to have your partner know what the cervix feels like... I know we'll be doing the same... it's not like his fingers don't feel it enough during other times... so why not put him to good use!
Erica, SAHM to Morgan (12yo) and Colin (2yo) Jennavieve 8/21
Instock: Sprout Snap OS Pockets/Trainers/Lovey Leashes
615marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #23
Registered Users
Re: *update post 21* Can someone please tell me how to check my own cervix?

The best way for me to check mine was to do it in the shower. I could barely reach it, though and sometimes not at all. I'm not one to go advising cervix checking, HOWEVER, with this one I am SOOOOO glad I did or I literally would have had the kid here by myself with my 2 yo and my 4 yo. So good luck!
Jess, wife to Mark for 8 wonderful years
mom of Caden 12/05 , Cole 9/07 , an an angel 05/09, and Ledger 2/13
JessG is offline   Reply With Quote