Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:
New Here!

Hi Mamas,

I've been lurking this board fo a few weeks and think it's time I introduce myself. My name is Brandy and I have an almost 6 month old little girl, Hayden. My husband and I decided to TTC again in November (we want our kiddos as close as possible in age), and this is the status:

Had my LO 8-23-09, started TTC 11-5-09, first PP period 12-15, and NOTHING since. I have been testing about once a week or so since 1-15, but still get nothing that I can see. What is going on?

Hayden is my first, so I don't really know what to expect in terms of AF after pregnancy. I remember my periods being a little longer in between before I was prego, maybe like 35 days or so. I am completely new to all of the TTC acronyms, so if anyone has any advice or comments, please tell me in regular terms. Any help would be appreciated, thanks mamas!

Advertisement

MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Here!

Hi Brandy! Welcome to TTC!

We have just recently decided to TTC ourselves. We have a 6 and 3 yr old.

Are you BFing? I know that can make your cycles all wonky.

Good luck to you!

Oh and as far as acrynoms..
TTC- trying to concieve
BD baby dance
DPO days past ovulation
2WW 2 week wait
EWCM egg white cervical mucous

that's all I can think of, my mind is drawing blanks right now...

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
Hi Brandy! Welcome to TTC!

We have just recently decided to TTC ourselves. We have a 6 and 3 yr old.

Are you BFing? I know that can make your cycles all wonky.

Good luck to you!

Oh and as far as acrynoms..
TTC- trying to concieve
BD baby dance
DPO days past ovulation
2WW 2 week wait
EWCM egg white cervical mucous

that's all I can think of, my mind is drawing blanks right now...
Thanks for the acronyms info mama! Definitely helpful. Oh, and I am not bfing, since about 2 weeks PP. Probabal should have added that! Good luck to you too!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

WOW, you and me are about in the same boat! I had my son 7/27/09 and have been TTC since he was 4wks. old. LOL. I have a 2yr. old, 1yr. old, and 6mo. old. BUT i just weaned DS mid Dec. and got first PP period back on 12/20...2nd once came 11 days early on 1/9. And my 3rd AF is WAS due 8 days ago and still hasn't come but still have all BFN (big fat negatives).

I'm not sure whats up with myself considering my cycles are always 29-30 days and always have been even my PP AF's....so I def. don't know whats up with you. I would love to say your are preggo, but really have no clue. I can't believe it took that long to get your first PP AF back! Thats crazy! Did you have any problems getting pregnant with DD (darling daughter?) I'm not sure what to tell you other than it might be your body acting crazy trying to get back to normal, but I'm not sure about that since my body has never done that. I would keep testing once a wk. keep DTD (doing the deed) as much as possible and maybe wait til 3/15 to see what your doc. thinks. I'm not sure though.

I sure wish our bodies would go back to normal and quit being so funky! Goodluck though!!!!!! I sure hope the absense of AF means your preggo though! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Once you have a baby you can expect there to be a gap of time where you will not recognize your body. If you are nursing, this will be even more true.

Some women get AF back right after having a baby, others it can be over a year - more if they nurse. Nursing can also affect your cycles by raising prolactin levels. For some women this will stop ovulation. For others it will just reduce the frequency of ovulation or do nothing at all.

You need to find out if you are even fertile yet PP as it sounds as though you are not as AF has not been consistant yet. The first thing to return PP is usually AF without ovulation. After a few cycles, ovulation should return too. If you are already sick of wasting PG tests, try OvaTel. It will tell you when and if you are ovulation, give you a 5 day fertility window to optimize conception, is easy to use and Mommy friendly, and no need to spend money on more urine sticks! That means more money for cute fluff
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It was super easy to get prego with DD, we started trying in November of last year and found out we were prego on xmas eve. I think I will have to try the Ovatel thing. Where can I get that? Is there any other way to tell if I am actually ovulating besides that?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Im new here too. I have a 6 yr old and 2 yr old twins.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPierce View Post
It was super easy to get prego with DD, we started trying in November of last year and found out we were prego on xmas eve. I think I will have to try the Ovatel thing. Where can I get that? Is there any other way to tell if I am actually ovulating besides that?
You can get it here

http://www.ovatel.com/

The only way to be 100% sure is a blood test at 7 DPO. At $100 per test, I would give the OvaTel a chance for 6 months. If you do not see ovulation, then see your doctor.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #9
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So how early is too early to TTC after having a baby? How long might it take to get AF back on track? I stll have not gotten another period, but I refuse to test because Im sure I'll just see another BFN!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

Hi! I'm new over here, too. My DD is 6 months as well, born 8/14/09. I had my first PP 1/20. So we're pretty much similar! I am waiting to figure out what's going on, too! I am BFing so I am wondering if my cycles are going to very irregular but I am cramping like crazy (and have been for 1 week), and no AF. It's annoying not knowing what's going on with your own body! I just joined fertility friend, and I am going to start temping, so I can possibly track and see exactly what's going on and if/when I ovulate. Maybe this would help you, too? Keep us posted!

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote