Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
kimmers86
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Vaccination reaction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaktee View Post
I was just reading up on vac's on kidshealth.org and the only shot that has vomiting/diarrhea reactions is Rotavirus shots....did your LO get that one yesterday? All of the others say reactions may include swelling, redness, & tenderness in the area of injection, rash, & fatigue...
Yup he got that one...along with like twelve others (sarcasm). I didn't want him to get them all at once, knew it was a bad idea!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
kimmers86
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
My son ALWAYS vomited after his shots, preceded by 103+ temp. We stopped shots altogether.
That's awful My DS doesn't have a fever...thankfully. The paperwork they gave us says a mild reaction is vomiting, fever, fatigue, loss of appetite. Then a MODERATE reaction is SEIZURE!? WTF!?

Anyway...thanks for the responses...just makes me feel better to know other mama's are out there who care
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

If he got the flu shot and is allergic to eggs, that could be a reaction. I never understood that one. We're not supposed to feed eggs till a year, but they reccommend the flu shot at six months. It says that "people who are allergic to eggs" should not get it.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
geewhiz
Registered Users
geewhizdiapers

it might have been a nasty germ sitting around the dr's office. Did he get the rotavirus vaccine? That's a live vaccine, he might have picked that up. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/...fects.htm#rota

I hope he feels better soon.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Rotavirus vax. Its considered a "normal" reaction, because the vax gives them a weakened version of the real Rotavirus germ.

You don't have to get all the shots at once mama. If you are uncomfortable, space them out, or delay them until he's older.
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
kimmers86
Registered Users

My Mood:

He did not get the flu shot. Nooo way. I'm sure it was the rotavirus shot. I wanted to delay..but yeah I didn't.
He seems to be feeling better, hasn't thrown up since this morning but had some more diarrhea tonight. Took a long nap and is all smiles so far...hope tonight we can all get some sleep!
Thanks everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #17
kimmers86
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
it might have been a nasty germ sitting around the dr's office. Did he get the rotavirus vaccine? That's a live vaccine, he might have picked that up. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/...fects.htm#rota

I hope he feels better soon.
Thanks for the link...sounds about right...hopefully better tonight!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #18
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysMomma View Post
Rotavirus vax. Its considered a "normal" reaction, because the vax gives them a weakened version of the real Rotavirus germ.

You don't have to get all the shots at once mama. If you are uncomfortable, space them out, or delay them until he's older.
Intereting. Both of my kids have had Rotavirus...the actual virus and not the shot (I thought they gave it orally) Both had a mild case of diarrhea and lots of vomiting. Over in 24 with a visit to Urgent Care for an anti-nausea suppository. This sounds to me like a "6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other" situation. Get the shot with all the nasty ingredients, and get sick...or just get sick and be done with it. Why even get the shot?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #19
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry, Mama I hope he is feeling tons better today. We're not fans of vaccines here.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
KimberlyD0
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmers86 View Post
He did not get the flu shot. Nooo way. I'm sure it was the rotavirus shot. I wanted to delay..but yeah I didn't.
He seems to be feeling better, hasn't thrown up since this morning but had some more diarrhea tonight. Took a long nap and is all smiles so far...hope tonight we can all get some sleep!
Thanks everyone!
rotavirus is not a shot its oral

Sounds like a tummy bug to me.
KimberlyD0 is offline   Reply With Quote