Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
attachedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Temp DiP!?!

I'm so bummed right now I just woke up and my temp dipped a lot (I'm supposed to be 4dpo). It was freezing in my house this am (unusually) and I also took the temp earlier then normal. Shoud I be worried? What could this mean?

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Temp DiP!?!

You are not allowed to panic yet. Estrogen begins to rise about 2-4 DPO and many women will see a fall back rise at this time. This is when the temp dips and then rise back up. If you temp orally you will see a larger dip that would represent the room temperature. For vaginal tempers, this need not apply as the vagina has a stable internal temperature.

This is a normal veriation is temp and should rebound by morning. It is actually a good sign that your body is doing exactly what it should. Keep charting and do not panic. Oh, and FF has your coverline too high (they do that). Your true coverline is the last 6 temps starting from 'o' back. Then divide that number by 6.....that is your coverline. Which means it is even less of a dip than you realize.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with Kimmie- Don't worry yet!!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
attachedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie_n_angus View Post
You are not allowed to panic yet. Estrogen begins to rise about 2-4 DPO and many women will see a fall back rise at this time. This is when the temp dips and then rise back up. If you temp orally you will see a larger dip that would represent the room temperature. For vaginal tempers, this need not apply as the vagina has a stable internal temperature.

This is a normal veriation is temp and should rebound by morning. It is actually a good sign that your body is doing exactly what it should. Keep charting and do not panic. Oh, and FF has your coverline too high (they do that). Your true coverline is the last 6 temps starting from 'o' back. Then divide that number by 6.....that is your coverline. Which means it is even less of a dip than you realize.
WOW~ Thank you!!!!! I NEVER knew that! I was freezing when I woke up cuz my house was unusually cold this am but I guess thats irrelevant from what you said! I hope it rises in the AM. Ok, I'm back on track now
Thanks again, mama

ALSO, do you know if estrogen produced CM? I'm having an unusual amount of creamy CM....

Last edited by attachedmom; 02-17-2010 at 09:12 AM.
attachedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Temping earlier in the day gives you a lower temp - I normally used an adjuster to fix that - and External temperatures CAN have an affect on your BBT, especially if you're an oral temper.

But, I agree, it's nothing to freak about yet.

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Progesterone effects your CM the most and totally makes your CM like lotion it can be so creamy. Also a very good sign.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
MommyMilktm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
Temping earlier in the day gives you a lower temp - I normally used an adjuster to fix that - and External temperatures CAN have an affect on your BBT, especially if you're an oral temper.

But, I agree, it's nothing to freak about yet.

Your temperature reading can rise up to 1/10 of a degree for every half an hour taken later than normal or fall 1/10 of a degree for every half hour taken earlier than normal. Each temperature that is not taken at the normal time has to be adjusted (using the 1/10 for every half an hour rule) which will get you close to what your temperature should have been
♥ Breast Milk Pendants ♥My ISO MommyMilk® Creations ~Nursing/maternity tanks/night shirts, Tutu's, crayon rolls, coffee cozies and more!~ Donate broken crayons to Crayons for Cancer, please PM me for info.
MommyMilktm is offline   Reply With Quote