Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
attachedmom's Avatar
attachedmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the North
Posts: 1,340
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Morning. Ugh, been up since 4:30, with Lauren. She woke up and didn't go back to sleep til 6. Wow, looks like I missed alot yesterday! I will try to keep up today

Oh Brandi.....oke2: waiting for you to poas and pics!!

AOTD- I told DH that we really need to stop yelling so much at the kids. It doesn't work anyways. I don't want to be a rule by fear type of parent. Patience is not one of his or my virtues, so kids test that everyday! So beyond Lent but especially during I guess we are giving up our short fuses . Plus I want to teach my children how to deal with their anger/frustration is a more positive way. Lead by example, right?
I totally agree! You should ckeck out something called Positive Discipline! Its amazing stuff...its all about not using fear as an enforcer as a parent. Its using kind, respectful yet firm ways to parent. I love it! Its helped me so much...although we still fall short at times , its still nice to have some referance point! There are tons of great books on it out there. I can reccomend if interested...

AFM, sorry to kinda do a drive by, but today is my SUPER busy day (14 hours!!!). I teach 3 classes and then go to the University for 6 1/2 hrs Its DH's day to play Mr Mom. So, this is my only lil' break the whole day!
My temps SEVERLY dipped this morning (supposed to be 4dpo) way below my "coverline" ...however, I was informed by a WONDERFUL mama that I shouldn't panic yet because there is a normal surge of estrogen at about 2-4dpo that can sometimes cause this. I hope she's right! If so, my panic attack is over and I"m back on track (guess we will see tomorrow am) ...anyway, this is it for me today...might be on late late tonight. Have a great day everyone!!! Baby dust to all....

Advertisement

__________________
*Christine*: Soul Searching, Nature loving, AP'in, co-sleepin', Home-Water-Birthing CDing & BFing student of life...
Loving my Daniel and 2 Girls (2/21/11 & 2/28/08)

Last edited by attachedmom; 02-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
attachedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #22
Babybug's Avatar
Babybug
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,026
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

JULES : love you avi......how cute is that

BRANDI & WILLOWS :
__________________
Suzie
Proud SAHM to Julien (12), Thomas (9), Charles-Antoine (2), Alexis (1)
Step mom to Jeremy(7)...
Babybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #23
Mrs.Rusty's Avatar
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 2,769
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Jules~ OMG I love the new avi so cute it's out of control. My MIL is just an awful person. I wish it was a simple as we one of us works and the other is a homemaker. She is for lack of a better term "white trash" like something you see on TV. I really did not think people this rude and ignorant lived IRL. If we go to any kind of function it never fails for her to do something so offensive that I'm embarrassed to know her and have to move far away before people think I agree with the whatever over the top loud inappropriate hing she is doing.

ahhh
__________________
"Life"...It's what happens while you are busy making other plans
Mrs.Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #24
Willows's Avatar
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,484
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn_Cyn View Post
It is very cold here today!! Actually it's not cold it's FREEZING!!
At least its not snowing....for now...anyhow!!

QOTD: If you are a believer....what are you doing for Lent?

AOTD: I have given up Chocolate....which is very HARD for me. Of course, the fasting and all that jazz.
I am going to TRY so hard to be nice to people and not yell at them while I am driving.....I must see past their stupidity....
I am going to try soooo very hard to be at Mass every Sunday and every Holy Day....(some days it is so easy to say....I just can't do it today....)
Not a believer here. It made me laugh thinking about you yelling at people when driving! The visual image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
Yikes! it's cold here too, Cyn!

As for Lent, I don't really "do" the giving up thing but I am actively trying to exercise more and eat healthier too . We had a playdate at my friend's house for "Fat Tuesday" yesterday and they had all kinds of bad treats, as her family gives up all convenience foods/snacks during Lent. I didn't really indulge, and I'm proud of that! Hope you have a great day, Cyn!


AFM: My OPKs are starting to get darker but my DH is going OOT today and might not be home tonight . And he was too cranky to wake up this morning and like I was hoping . So much for the "every other day" commitment
Aww hope your DH gets home and you can take advantage of him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
I don't do lent. I am a Christian though. Isn't lent a Catholic thing?

AFM- I POAS this morning. BFN. Oh well whatcha gonna do? My DH left for a business trip this morning, so maybe, just maybe I'll have some news for him when he gets back.
I will be hoping for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Morning. Ugh, been up since 4:30, with Lauren. She woke up and didn't go back to sleep til 6. Wow, looks like I missed alot yesterday! I will try to keep up today

Oh Brandi.....oke2: waiting for you to poas and pics!!

AOTD- I told DH that we really need to stop yelling so much at the kids. It doesn't work anyways. I don't want to be a rule by fear type of parent. Patience is not one of his or my virtues, so kids test that everyday! So beyond Lent but especially during I guess we are giving up our short fuses . Plus I want to teach my children how to deal with their anger/frustration is a more positive way. Lead by example, right?
I understand how you feel. My older ones can be soo frustrating at times. Some days I just think I must have raised idiots.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
Morning. Just had my interview, it went well. Not onto stressing about finding childcare...
Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Good morning everyone!

Waiting to see Brandi test

Willow did you test today???? Waiting for you too!!!

aotd: I'm not Catholic, but I do love to see what people do for Lent...

AFM: I think my temps look good- but waaay too scared to test... anyone mind looking at my chart? I'm with Katie too- so might be on here a little less- I think I need to replace my internet time with yoga...

I exercise a lot!! I sometimes cycle though school, exercise and internet time. I "reward" myself with internet time after 30 minutes of exercise, it keeps me going and I usually get in about 90 minutes a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Rusty View Post
Morning Ladies

OMG Vanessa~ ROLTFLMFAO at you dh in the kitchen and your weirdo comment

Rebecca~ hope you have fun with the yoga but I'm gonna be sad your not here

Cyndi~Glad to see the family is starting to feel better

Willow~ Your poor sister, I'm glad she is OK and fingers crossed that the other cyst is just fluid and will resolve on it's own.

AOTD: Well I need to do a few things. I need to spend more time on my personal life and leave work at work. "Dialysis is how I make my living, not my life" and the one that is going to be SOOOOOOOO hard. I need to deal with my awful MIL better. Right now I avoid her at all costs then complain around the house about how awful she is, She's better at just showing up at my house and being rude to me than I am at avoiding her. I think I need a complain about MIL journal or something so dh doesn't need to her me complain about his mom all the time. I need to get my act together to go get my ashes today!

AFM~ So much snow last night ick, I'm ready for spring. I'm trying to catch up on house work.
I think a job like that would be so hard to take home with you. You seem to deal with it pretty well, I'm not sure I could. As far as MIL are concerned, my ex-MIL I always tried so hard to fix things and it was a waste of time. Some people are just impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
Apparently FF thinks Im 3dpo... we've DTD like once in the past week FX my temps crash tomorrow and I just ovulate in a couple days...
FX, hope it was just a fluke!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsmom View Post
I am off to the neurologist this morning so hopefully whatever is in my head is no big deal! LOL I will come back after and do persies! have a great morning!
Please keep us posted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
FX that this is your month!!!



and hope that was a dud



I agree, I try so hard not to be my parents and not yell but I also have a short fuse at times and feel awful about it once I have yelled.



FX!!







I am so neg about DH's mom. She is a workaholic and I am so so different from her and we clash all the time. I hope journaling works for you!



Hope everything is A-OK

Brandi & Willow: WHERE IS TODAY'S TEST

Cyndi: So glad to hear the family is on the upswing

AOTD: I am not Catholic but my church has always observed lent. I am not giving up I am taking on exercising more often continuing on my weight loss journey and trying to be more relaxed. I am also taking up sewing, I figure since DH is going to be gone I will have more time to have a hobby for awhile

AFM: Off to the park with the kiddo's it is 44 and sunny so we are going to enjoy it. I also need to get to the store and find DH a little birthday something. I am thinking about finding a good book or something?? Is that lame? Talk to you ladies later!
Books are always a good gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by attachedmom View Post
I totally agree! You should ckeck out something called Positive Discipline! Its amazing stuff...its all about not using fear as an enforcer as a parent. Its using kind, respectful yet firm ways to parent. I love it! Its helped me so much...although we still fall short at times , its still nice to have some referance point! There are tons of great books on it out there. I can reccomend if interested...

AFM, sorry to kinda do a drive by, but today is my SUPER busy day (14 hours!!!). I teach 3 classes and then go to the University for 6 1/2 hrs Its DH's day to play Mr Mom. So, this is my only lil' break the whole day!
My temps SEVERLY dipped this morning (supposed to be 4dpo) way below my "coverline" ...however, I was informed by a WONDERFUL mama that I shouldn't panic yet because there is a normal surge of estrogen at about 2-4dpo that can sometimes cause this. I hope she's right! If so, my panic attack is over and I"m back on track (guess we will see tomorrow am) ...anyway, this is it for me today...might be on late late tonight. Have a great day everyone!!! Baby dust to all....
Definitely don't panic!! One days temps are always hard to read.


AFM- WOW it was a long night!! After my baby sis ordeal yesterday her night only got worse. My brother and his wife watched my sister's two year old. Well my sister got a call from the local police at 3 AM. Apparently her DD got up at 3 AM pushed a chair to the door unlocked the door and left. She put on her boots, hat, gloves and went looking for her Mom. She was on the main road and a man heard her crying and screaming. The man told the police he ran out the door and saved her from being hit by a tractor trailer.. The police drove around the neighborhood until they saw my brothers house and the front door wide open. My niece is completely fine but my sister is more of a wreck than she was. You can imagine how bad my brother feels!

On to other news. I did test this morning! BUT... I peed on it and forgot about it!! My kids started banging on the door and I put it in the cabinet while getting ready to take them to school. By the time I remembered it was positive but 2 hours later , so evap most likely. So I don't know- temp is still up so yea!
__________________
Willow Student Mom to Surviving Quads J,R,A and my lost little T.
2 year old F AP, EBF,ERF,Anti-circ,Anti-cio. HBA2C 11/3/10 Baby M.
Willows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
MyKylie's Avatar
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,312
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post

AFM- WOW it was a long night!! After my baby sis ordeal yesterday her night only got worse. My brother and his wife watched my sister's two year old. Well my sister got a call from the local police at 3 AM. Apparently her DD got up at 3 AM pushed a chair to the door unlocked the door and left. She put on her boots, hat, gloves and went looking for her Mom. She was on the main road and a man heard her crying and screaming. The man told the police he ran out the door and saved her from being hit by a tractor trailer.. The police drove around the neighborhood until they saw my brothers house and the front door wide open. My niece is completely fine but my sister is more of a wreck than she was. You can imagine how bad my brother feels!

On to other news. I did test this morning! BUT... I peed on it and forgot about it!! My kids started banging on the door and I put it in the cabinet while getting ready to take them to school. By the time I remembered it was positive but 2 hours later , so evap most likely. So I don't know- temp is still up so yea!
OMG! That is so scary about your niece! Thank goodness she was found okay!!!
__________________
Christina

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #26
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 14,824
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Hello Just thought I would pop in here again. Took another IC today, and same light line. But nothing on the Early response
__________________

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
serendipity10410's Avatar
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,877
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
I don't do lent. I am a Christian though. Isn't lent a Catholic thing?

AFM- I POAS this morning. BFN. Oh well whatcha gonna do? My DH left for a business trip this morning, so maybe, just maybe I'll have some news for him when he gets back.
sorry for the BFN. FX it's just too early to show up yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
Morning. Just had my interview, it went well. Not onto stressing about finding childcare...
I'm glad it went well! FX for a different reason than usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Good morning everyone!

Waiting to see Brandi test

Willow did you test today???? Waiting for you too!!!

aotd: I'm not Catholic, but I do love to see what people do for Lent...

AFM: I think my temps look good- but waaay too scared to test... anyone mind looking at my chart? I'm with Katie too- so might be on here a little less- I think I need to replace my internet time with yoga...
Hmmm. I'll take a look in a sec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
Apparently FF thinks Im 3dpo... we've DTD like once in the past week FX my temps crash tomorrow and I just ovulate in a couple days...
Uh-oh! that's what happened to me last month I hope FF is wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsmom View Post
I am off to the neurologist this morning so hopefully whatever is in my head is no big deal! LOL I will come back after and do persies! have a great morning!
good luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post


AFM- WOW it was a long night!! After my baby sis ordeal yesterday her night only got worse. My brother and his wife watched my sister's two year old. Well my sister got a call from the local police at 3 AM. Apparently her DD got up at 3 AM pushed a chair to the door unlocked the door and left. She put on her boots, hat, gloves and went looking for her Mom. She was on the main road and a man heard her crying and screaming. The man told the police he ran out the door and saved her from being hit by a tractor trailer.. The police drove around the neighborhood until they saw my brothers house and the front door wide open. My niece is completely fine but my sister is more of a wreck than she was. You can imagine how bad my brother feels!

On to other news. I did test this morning! BUT... I peed on it and forgot about it!! My kids started banging on the door and I put it in the cabinet while getting ready to take them to school. By the time I remembered it was positive but 2 hours later , so evap most likely. So I don't know- temp is still up so yea!
Willow it wasn't an evap! and OMG about your niece! I'm so glad she is alright!
__________________
~Sara~
Wife to my BFF, Mommy to X (3/08)

and not-so- newbie L 11/10


serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #28
serendipity10410's Avatar
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,877
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah+5 View Post
Hello Just thought I would pop in here again. Took another IC today, and same light line. But nothing on the Early response
Darn! I was hoping for a definitive BFP from you today!!! maybe tomorrow
__________________
~Sara~
Wife to my BFF, Mommy to X (3/08)

and not-so- newbie L 11/10


serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Mrs.Rusty's Avatar
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 2,769
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

willow~ yikes your poor family must be so emotionally exausted at this point. I'm glad no one was hurt last night
__________________
"Life"...It's what happens while you are busy making other plans
Mrs.Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #30
Willows's Avatar
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,484
My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Wednesday February 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Rusty View Post
willow~ yikes your poor family must be so emotionally exausted at this point. I'm glad no one was hurt last night
She is really upset and high on narcotics which is making things worse. She is home now and her DD is with her and her boyfriend. She told me she want to quit her job as she is afraid to ever leave her with anyone else again. I think it is just overwhelming thinking of the "what ifs"?
__________________
Willow Student Mom to Surviving Quads J,R,A and my lost little T.
2 year old F AP, EBF,ERF,Anti-circ,Anti-cio. HBA2C 11/3/10 Baby M.
Willows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.