Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
SRUEDU
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know it's some where on here....

But I can't find it... I need to know what size snaps to get if I want to replace the aplix on my BG. I want to use the snaps for other stuff too, but what is the most common size?

Any one recommend pliers? I've been looking at the ones on Kamsnaps. Are they good? Anyone love/hate them? Are there any others out there besides those? I have a pair from my mom that are older, but I can't swap sizes and I have NO idea what size they even use...

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: I know it's some where on here....

The most commonly used size and what you'll find on almost all diapers is Kam size 20's. Most snap pliers will accept both 20's and 16's with the changable dies.

I haven't heard anything much about the ones on kamsnaps but I got mine from Serena on the yahoo group notionsupply and that's where I order all my kam snaps from too because it's considerably cheaper and she runs specials and tucks little extras in your packages. It does take a little longer to get them but I'd say the savings is far worth it. FWIW, the longest I've waited for a pkg from her is 12 days and I've ordered a LOT. I just noticed the little owl snaps on her main page and now I want some.

Join here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notionsupply/

She usually has a special pkg deal for a first order of snaps and pliers with your choice of color pack.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
SRUEDU
Registered Users

My Mood:

THanks! I just sent a request to join the group!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
TakaraBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I ordered a pair of snap pliers from ebay. Came with 400 sets of snaps - any amount of colors/combos and included 50 engraved snaps as a bonus. Came with the 16, 20 and 24 size dies. Shipping was a wait but for the price (and the freedom of choice for the snaps), it was well worth it IMO.

Here's everything I got for $40 (shipping included):

This is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Size-16-20-24-Snap-Plier-Package-400-Kam-Snaps-bonus_W0QQitemZ160395848927QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_2?hash=item2558566cdf

Btw, Alana was SUPER nice to work with. She emailed me about 5 minutes after I bought the package to discuss the engraved snaps. She was excellent on communication (I love that).

TakaraBaby is offline   Reply With Quote