Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
4boys4me
Registered Users

Are you done having kids?

I am. I get sad a lot though. I told dh that I knew this would happen because I would soooo love to have more but financially we can not. 4 is even pushing it a lot,lol.. However, they are growing up so fast and I get so jeleous when I hear of a new pregnancy wishing it could be me,lol.. on the other hand they are growing up so fast and 1 more out of diapers and I am done for good, LOL.. I go back and for with myself constantly about how wonderful it feels to get my life back and no more pregnancies and no more babies, etc.. and then I go back to how I wish I could do it all one more time,lol.. How long will this go on? LOL.. until I have grandchildre maybe?

So, who else is done too? We can jump for joy and sulk together! LOL

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Are you done having kids?

I hope I am!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

we only have 1 and she's not even 8 mths old yet....but we do not plan on more. My dh said he didn't want more...but sometimes he lets it slip that he does lol. So basically If we have more kids I want to have them later on i'm only 21 so if we have another i don't want it to be after 28.....or within the next 5 yrs lol so that's a lil span of when we'd be planning. BUT CURRENTLY we do not plan on having more
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

Mine are all 5 years apart - and I like that alot...
Old 05-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're done. 3 boys is it for us.

As far as spacing I love the 5 year diff between Jonah and Noah.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

We're done. On one hand, I'm relieved that I won't have to go through pregnancy, chidbirth, and those really hard early days again. On the other hand, being pregnant and having babies has been a huge part of my adult life (I'm 27 and I have 5, so you can see where I'm coming from).

So, yes, it's bittersweet for me. But I'm looking forward to the next phase of my life, when I can actually get out of the house and do things without worrying about carseats and having to get home to nurse. Then, eventually I"ll have grandkids!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 3 dds & dh says we are done, but I would really like 1 more. We have pretty much been expecting or had a little one since we got married so its kinda strange to NOT be planning a ttc time ot be pg. We both have some pretty high career goals that we chose to delay so we could have children while we were young & dh says its time to get started on that now. Not that I dont WANT to move ahead in my career, I just LOVE ttc, pg, babies....the whole thing, even though the last time was hard physically & mentally. I'd definately do it again. My girls are 7.5, 5 & 16mos
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
pfratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We haven't decided yet if this will be our last. We're still young - I'm 25 (26 in Dec) and dh is 26 (27 next Jan) so... we'll see. I'd like to be done by the time I'm 30.. so if we'll see.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We go back and forth on whether we wanna have one more or not. EVERYONE we know says we'll probably have one more, but I said no no no no no for my entire pregnancy and up until recently. My youngest guy is 6 mos and he's just so squishy and cute I can't imagine not having one more! But then there are the days I'm pulling my hair out and LOL But for the most part we would both love to have one more. Of course we're going to TRY for a girl but we'll love a boy just the same.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm not i only have 2 and i want 4 so we've got a couple more to go, then we'll see just last night dh and i were talking abt a time to ttc, i really want the next one to be a surprise i've never had a surprise, i think it would be fun...mine are 3 and 9 mos