Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
MamaJenn
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Are you done having kids?

more then likely we are done....Im trying to be as unselfish/selfless as I can think of the fact that wether we stay together or not we really have alot on our plate.

and plus...3 blessings is awesome and I thank the Lord for that

Advertisement

MamaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We aren't done yet. We know we want a 4th, after that we will see.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I am... I HATE being pregnant with a true passion. HATE IT. I've been pregnant 6 times & only had 2 successful. Each time I was pregnant it was high risk & lots of hospital trips & stays... no fun! Plus, I think that I may go nuts with another child... hooray for mammas that can handle more than my 2 but I just think my limit is two, at least now. Oh & DH's limit is... what we have... LOL He acts like pregnancy is so hard on HIM so that's another issue I hate to deal with too.

If I change my mind years later, I'd adopt a toddler or something... So sad... my 4 mo old will probably be my last CD ever!!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

No, we're not done yet. We only have three!

I would love to be pregnant again but even if I am not we will probably adopt in the future.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #15
Carrie
Registered Users

This is a hard question for me because, although I'm really happy my babies are here and our family feels complete, it is hard to grasp the idea of NEVER TTC, being pregnant, or giving birth again. However, it is somewhat easier to grasp the idea of never having another newborn in the house, living with chaos and without sleep, etc. A few months ago I went through a phase where I really wanted another baby but I realized what I wanted was a change in my life, so I going back to work and starting a career that I have put years into training for. If Dh wants another one in about 5 years I might consider it but I seriously doubt that will happen.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #16
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We'll have either 1 or 2 more My DH would really like a bio-DS (my DS is from my first marriage) and I would be happy with either or
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #17
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This has been a difficult subject in our home. We have 8 altogether here, his hers and ours (5 are my biological), but DH came from a large family of 11 and feels when it's time, we'll know. We both don't feel that permanent BC is what we want right now, & although I don't want any more right away (baby is 7 months old), I don't want to remove the chance to have more. I' 34 (35 in Nov.) and I don't feel all that old, so we'll see. I know I can't do a tubal with doubts in my mind, so I haven't done it yet.....tough decision.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
4boys4me
Registered Users

Wow! I am so glad I am not alone! Feels good to read stories of how I feel from others,lol.. See, I had my first ds when I was 18 and married.. we got divorced and then 5yr.s later I met dh who is 10yr.s older than me. We had 3 kids right away I was 23 and am now 28 and he is 38. So, he feels that he is older and doesnt want anymore cause he wants to enjoy his kids and not have to spread himself thin in the future, kwim.. but imo, he had until he met me (he was 33) to do what he wanted. He was never married and doesnt have any kids prior to us. I never had that chance to be alone, etc.. I was in school and then I had a baby, kwim.. Anyway, this is my life. This is what I have always wanted. To have my kids but now that I am with dh and he is 10yr.s older than me I need to realize I am not the only one in this marriage and for both of us we need time alone to share our lives with one another, ya know? So, this is why I need to be done having kids they all grow up sometime,lol.. I think that is why I insisted he have a vasectomy and not me having a tubal. I know I can still get preggy, LOL.. even though we can't have anymore. I think it is more a mental thing,lol.. Ok, rambling now,lol...
Old 05-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #19
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

We have one girl now and she is a year old (today infact ) and I DEFINITLEY plan on 1 more in the future. Financially, we can not do it soon but within the next 3-4 years I would like to try for another.
I'd like 2 more but DH says no way and 2 is his limit. But, if the next baby is another girl I'd like to try for a boy!
We're both still young as well Im almost 22 and he is 24 so we've got tons o' time!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #20
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea. DH already wants another and Clara isn't even 6 months old yet, but I feel so overwhelmed a lot of days that I can't imagine having another one soon. Our older kids are 9 and 11 and with the age gap between them they kept us busy enough for YEARS. Well obviously, look at the age gap between the 9 year old and the baby! lol

Some days I wonder what in the world we were thinking, starting all over again like this. Before Clara was born I could sleep all day if I felt sick, I went shopping and to lunch with friends almost every day while the older kids were in school. It did feel like something was missing though, like I was a SAHM but the kids were gone and I had nothing else to do. I just wish my feelings could be one or the other...not being torn between the easy life and the life I have right now with an adorable baby to cuddle all day long until the older two are home
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote