Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
mrsyunyun
Registered Users

TMI Question About Cervical Mucus from a Newbie

Hi everyone, sorry for the super personal question but my husband and I just started TTC and I had been pretty bad about tracking my period. I've been trying to go by cervical mucus to figure out where I am in my cycle (or if I might possibly be prego).

I am guessing that we had sex on day 22 or 23 of my cycle. Today is day 30 of my cycle and I am usually around 35 days. (here comes the TMI part) I have been checking my CM everyday and it has been lotion-like and opaque. I just checked it now and it is half clear and half white and stretchy (stretches about 2 inches). I thought near my period it should get drier? I have ovulation strips and have been testing myself frequently but I haven't gotten a positive yet. I had the cramping that I usually get during ovulation two days after we had sex. I don't think the cramping was ovulation because my CM would have been different (it was lotiony). I thought it might be a sign my period is coming but it has been a few days and no sign of Aunt Flo.

So my real question is, towards the end of the cycle could there be an explanation as to why my CM would go back to being stretchy and semi-clear?

Thank you to anyone who can handle my super personal question!

Advertisement

mrsyunyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:35 AM   #2
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TMI Question About Cervical Mucus from a Newbie

How regular are your cycles? If you haven't had a positive OPK, and no eggwhite CM before this, maybe you're ovulating later this time...? Some women do get patches of EWCM at other times during their cycle. Have you looked at the Fertility Friend website? They have some good info on observing your CM, and a nice chart you can use for tracking your cycle and other fertility signs.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Re: TMI Question About Cervical Mucus from a Newbie

Sorry to butt in as I am not in the TTC group. Just wanted to say that I have regular cycles and have the same EWCM just days before my period starts. I have always attributed it to the hormone fluctuations? This might be my TMI =) but I have always looked at it as my warning to get in any additional funny business before my period started!
Things can be different for each person. Keep track and see if it is your normal or signals something else, like baby?!
Tshebby is online now   Reply With Quote