Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #221
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Instead Cups/Resuable Cups For TTC & Gender Swaying Support Thread

Hey these other ladies got BFP also with trying IC's!!! Just to add a little more icing onto the cake for the others that are going to try it also

Elizabeth429 (1st time)
Armywife08 (2nd time)
Madilynsmomma (1st try...shes on there, but not that it took her 1 try)

I just typed a really long post and then it deleted....GRRRR, so I'm new to this board...but I think I am going to try IC's also! I'm so excited! Let me see if I can remember everything I put and shorten it now because I am running out of time...sorry.

I'm on CD3, anyone want to be CD buddies?
Maca- What does it help with, how much do you take, what days do you take it, and where do you buy it?
Mucinex- Isn't this something for colds? If you have okay CM would it hurt to take this?
Preseed- Since I am not familiar with my CM and I have never paid much attention to it and have never used lube, I'm not sure if I would benefit from it. I've have 3 kids, that I got preg. with the first cycle trying, and now am having alittle difficulties, so I am looking into other things now. Where do you buy it? Do you use it for every bd or just fertile bd? So you just squeeze some out and put it where it's suppose to go? SOrry for TMI and sounding silly.

Where do I look for IC's at the store...where the tampons and stuff are?
Do you use them only during fertile bd's or all the time? (What if you don't know when you O?)
Anyone take Zinc or B6? Does it help with ovulation? What does?

TIA, sorry I had to make that really short.

Congrats to the MANY BFP's mommas on here! More BFP's thatn BFN's on this thread it seems, which is usually uncommon...but GREAT!!!

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #222
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh yea...what is the instead cups made of? WOuldn't it like soak up the sperm if it's like a tampon? And what if sperm is like over in the side or something and you put the cup in and it blocks the entrance for all the sperm in the side to go through? Does this make sense? Maybe I am just being a paranoia....
Old 04-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #223
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

instead cup is plastic, not like a tampon search it and you can see pics... they are pretty neat and easy 2 use! cant type more now, but I can explain more of the other stuff in a bit.

go to this site:
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/
has info on instead cups and preseed

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #224
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

So the website posted above says you can leave it in a fraction of the time (12 hours) so what exactly would be a fraction of the 12 hours? How long should I leave it in? I'm not sure I want to leave it in overnight...
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #225
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
Love4leon: any updates from you? Where are you?
Hey- Just saw this now... thanks so much for checking in on me I'm still around and still trying...
Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #226
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if we DTD at night, I just slept with it in, but if we DTD during the day, I would leave it in for 3-4 hours, but I think anything over an hour would be good

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #227
Nagshead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've kept it in for around 12 hours and didn't have any problems....
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #228
BabyOsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey, just wanted to chime in-I used one of these when TTC our first (born 2006) and got pg the second month I used it. Tried again with the 2009 baby, but it took 9 months. I was not ovulating on a regular basis for most of that time though (I also didn't have the sex life that newlyweds without children do).
BabyOsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #229
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymandy View Post
if we DTD at night, I just slept with it in, but if we DTD during the day, I would leave it in for 3-4 hours, but I think anything over an hour would be good
Thanks Manda- Do you think 1-2 hours is long enough? I just don't feel like dealing with it in the morning- Just kind of want to take it out before falling asleep. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #230
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got my instead cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was asking ladies at Walmart if they had maca, preseed, and instead cups and I had to explain what each one was...and they were like "umm you are a little weird!" HAHAHA...but they didn't have any of the above, so then I went to Walgreens and they had instead cups...14 for 7.99, so I grabbed them. They had Super Goat Weed with Maca, but not just Maca....so I will have to still go to Rite Aid and Kroger (we have a whole food sale type row) to see if they have the other stuff and if not I will be ordering it offline I guess.