Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #321
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think the instead cup is better. It keeps the swimmers right by your cervix and the diva cup sits low in your vaginal canal.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #322
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Instead Cups/Resuable Cups For TTC & Gender Swaying Support Thread

Karina, if you are swaying girl you should think about Sylk instead of Preseed. Just a thought!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #323
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKariTony
OMG!!! I'm so glad I came across this thread.... I'm ordering a diva cup as soon as AF shows up(she is due in a couple of days).... This cycle was my first time using preseed but I was only able to use it once, I really hope this works... I want a little girl!!!

Did any of the original mamas had success with the cups for gender swaying???
I don't remember anyone ever coming back and saying that they felt like the gender swaying worked. I use to have a list of all the mamas that had success, but when I rejuvenated the thread, I took them down since I hadn't updated it in over a year.

Someone else mentioned the IC being a little better and I agree. The Instead reusable is more rubbery/silicone than the IC disposables and I like the reusables a bit better because of that. Easy to wash and they are both less than $10 a box. The IC sits much closer to the cervix. So I think that is why they are recommended for TTC. Personally it is a lot easier to insert afterwards. TMI maybe but I can slide the IC in without changing positions, but the Moon/Diva is much harder for me to insert without sitting up.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #324
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes
Karina, if you are swaying girl you should think about Sylk instead of Preseed. Just a thought!
What's the difference???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh
Someone else mentioned the IC being a little better and I agree. The Instead reusable is more rubbery/silicone than the IC disposables and I like the reusables a bit better because of that. Easy to wash and they are both less than $10 a box. The IC sits much closer to the cervix. So I think that is why they are recommended for TTC. Personally it is a lot easier to insert afterwards. TMI maybe but I can slide the IC in without changing positions, but the Moon/Diva is much harder for me to insert without sitting up.
Thanks for the info, I've been doing some research on the Diva and IC and after reading some of the reviews and looking at the prices, I think I'm going to choose the IC.

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #325
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKariTony

What's the difference???

Thanks for the info, I've been doing some research on the Diva and IC and after reading some of the reviews and looking at the prices, I think I'm going to choose the IC.
Good choice! They are my go to! I love it so much, I should marry it
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #326
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

The difference is pH. Sylk is a lower pH, which sways girl. Preseed is higher, which sways boy. That's the general rule - lower pH for girl because the girl swimmers do better in lower pH. It's not for sure, of course, but there are some boards out there dedicated to this (with diets, douches, etc to lower pH for girl) which seem pretty confident about it. I read a lot about it last time I was TTCing and ended up just throwing it out the window in the end but still got DD so who knows! But I would love another girl this time, if it works, so I'll be using Sylk.
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #327
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Good choice! They are my go to! I love it so much, I should marry it
lol... Tina your post always make me

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
The difference is pH. Sylk is a lower pH, which sways girl. Preseed is higher, which sways boy. That's the general rule - lower pH for girl because the girl swimmers do better in lower pH. It's not for sure, of course, but there are some boards out there dedicated to this (with diets, douches, etc to lower pH for girl) which seem pretty confident about it. I read a lot about it last time I was TTCing and ended up just throwing it out the window in the end but still got DD so who knows! But I would love another girl this time, if it works, so I'll be using Sylk.
Thank you for the info, I'm going to look it up, DH and I really want a little baby girl this time around, BUT..... if we have a boy, it would be a lot easier to convince DH that we should try for baby #3.

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #328
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i used these 3 times and got pregnant each time
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #329
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have a box of like...20 individually wrapped IC that i would be willing to ship. pm me.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #330
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

I'm back here for the first time in years (just decided to go for #3), but I was among the original mamas somewhere towards the beginning of this post). I conceived my son on the first try using an IC over 2 years ago. They say the IC sways boy and Diva sways girl...I did get my boy but dont know of that way chance! We're hoping for another girl this time so won't be using them but they worked great for us . GL!

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote