Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #11
stella072
Registered Users
seller

Re: Favorite highchair?

I love this site!! thanks for all the good info

Advertisement

stella072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

the stokke tripp trapp!!! we love love love it! this absolutely made my son a better solids eater. he just loves sitting right at the table, eye level with us. he never tries to get out of it, he's so happy in it!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #13
WestCoastBuckeye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Ikea Antillop (or something like that!) I bought it second hand and its been great-all plastic so it wipes up great and it doesn't take up an absurd amount of room.
I had an evenflo one with my older son and HATED it.

Heather , to Ryan (9-2-000) my hero is home-praying for recovery, and mom to Garrett (11-29-02) & Alex (5-29-06)
WestCoastBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really wanted a vintage wooden high chair but had to settle for the Eddie Bauer wooden and I love it. It has the top tray that can go in the dishwasher and aside from wanting two covers so that one is clean while ones in the wash, it's pretty easy to clean...HTH
Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

We have a Fisher Price not sure of the model name though. It straps onto a regular chair, the seat cover is vinyl, has 2 height settings on the straps (like a carseat has) and the tray goes in the dishwasher. IT also converts into a regular booster seat. It sells for about $50 at Walmart and Target.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

We had the Peg Perego Prima Pappa's and HATED them. They were absolutely impossible to keep clean. We now sport boosters.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #17
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I went through a gammit of high chairs and took all them back so I sat down did lots of research from tons of reviews and found that the Fisher price Healthy Care Highchairs got the best ratings they have new versions coming out all the time including spins offs such as the space saver and the Easy clean!! We got the Healthy Care and LOOOVVE It!! Its been by far my best purchase along with my britax carseat. The awesoem thing about the healthy Care HIgh care is not only awesome to clean and teh trays go into the dishwaher and you get 3 trays so you get one tray for everymeal if you need it, Its a snap to clean, its a snap to get teh tray on and off!! The cover washes up amazingly like brand new...overall I totally reccomend any highchair by fisherprice they defitnely have it going on in the high chair and swing department!! Evenflo needs to go back to the drawing board for sure!!

ETA: oh and fisher price highchairs also are affordably priced, afforable and durable-great combo!

Last edited by mistylaureena; 02-01-2007 at 11:09 PM.
mistylaureena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #18
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a booster with a tray that straps to one of our chairs. later he can just use the booster. All I have to do is push it under the table so it's perfect for small spaces.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #19
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kirsten (15 months) sits in an Ikea Antillop with the optional tray sometimes, sometimes pulled right up to the table. This seat is perfect for us! It's my 3rd high chair for the 3rd kid, and amazingly enough also the least expensive. Payton (almost 7 but a shrimp) sits in a Stokke Kinderzeat. I originally bought it for Kirsten, but she's just too little for it. Payton loves it and I doubt I'll be able to get him to give it up when Kirsten outgrows her Ikea seat. I'll probably have to buy her another one!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #20
e and d
Registered Users
seller

Another vote for a booster with a tray! I really wanted a highchair when I was registering but my friend who is a mom of a 3 year old talked me out of it. I'm so glad she did.

We just strap the booster on to one of our normal chairs. Takes up less space, looks good in the kitchen, and will get him used to eating in big chairs more readily. Love it. Plus the price is right; I think I got ours for like $12 at BRU!
e and d is offline   Reply With Quote