Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: A new milestone for us! 4 years!

Congrats! Happy Belated Bday to her as well! I can't believe our baby girls our 4 now!

I think it is so awesome you are still nursing :-) I wish Aubriana would have held on for longer. She self weaned at 14 months. Rowin on the other hand, I can totally see him being the type who nurses till 3 or 4 and beyond. Keep up the good work and good luck with your upcoming delivery!

Katie, single mama, BFing, CSing, non-vaxing, CDing, vegetarian mommy to Elijah-7, Aubriana-6, Rowin-4 and baby #4 due August 2012.
katiematie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Congrats, Mama!
DS (9) DD1 (5) DD2 (03/15)

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by 1blessedmama View Post
I know that even among many more natural groups like this, 4 years of nursing isn't a popular thing (and that even many here disagree with it), but since I can count on one hand the amount of people "IRL" who know DD1 is even still nursing (and few to none of them would even get why I care), I wanted to be able to "celebrate" this milestone somewhere! I know there are a few other mama's here who've done 4+ years, so I figured someone would understand!

I just think it's bittersweet...I am pretty darn confident that she will wean on her own sometime within the next year (and we'll have to see how baby #3 plays into the picture once s/he arrives any day now)...and since it's been such a natural process, I'm sort of afraid I will "miss" the last time she nurses until it's well in hindsight. But it's just so neat to be at this point. For one, I never thought I'd still be nursing now...I just figured 18 months would be a cool milestone to reach, but now that I see how natural this process is to let it continue (and the way DD1 has tapered down on her own to just nursing once every few days or so really is a testament to CLW, IMO!) I can't imagine ever trying to end the process myself with any future kiddos. Granted, we've had a really easy BF'ing relationship overall (with DD2 we've had more difficulties), but we've still had our moments and there have certainly been times where I've thought, "Okay, this is it. We're done!" So glad it was just out of momentary frustration. It's just wonderful to see the benefits of continuing to nurse at this point, and how it's not a gross thing, or something that I can't seem to find a way to stop, or anything like that.
wow- that's great. My girls weaned at three although my now four yr old constantly mentions that she misses her "ninny". I have a baby boy now and I wonder if we'll go that long. We'll see! Congrats, that is such an awesome accomplishment.
mmjones13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

Congrats! My DD2 is 4 and still nurses once in the morning.
Leigh, mama to
Fiona (15), Eric (12), Colleen (8) and William (4)
LadyofReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

Way to go mama, that is AWSOME!! Truly something to be proud of
LAUREN:**CD'ing**BFing**BWing**Kinda Crunchy** SAHM** To Sophie Dec 13 2005 and Dexter Sept 22 2008 WELCOME Abigail Dec 19th 2010
"Quiet down cobwebs..dust go to sleep.. I am nursing my baby and babies don't keep.."
lauren420 is offline   Reply With Quote