Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
Sara0530
Registered Users
Formerly: MamaPlus
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amby Baby (advice needed)

How do you get your hands on one of the Aussie versions? We were saving up to buy one for our newest little one due in August and I am kicking myself for not knowing about it with out first two babies that had acid reflux so bad they didn't sleep at all for the first 3 months of their lives. We want it on hand in case that's an issue this time but you can't buy them off the website right now.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara0530 View Post
How do you get your hands on one of the Aussie versions? We were saving up to buy one for our newest little one due in August and I am kicking myself for not knowing about it with out first two babies that had acid reflux so bad they didn't sleep at all for the first 3 months of their lives. We want it on hand in case that's an issue this time but you can't buy them off the website right now.
I've never heard of purchasing the aussie version since the are now based in MN. There really isn't a problem with the current one, i think its just a "User Error" problem. But, i've looked online and you cant currently buy them anywhere until the 'new' version comes out in a few weeks. If you are looking for an old aussie model, Craigslist and ebay will probably be your best bet.
Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
Ilovecaseyandcoh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
I'm still using our Amby (though it's the Aussie version). There were two deaths in the Amby after 20+ years of no issues. Both were due to user error (one family hung it from the ceiling instead of the frame, the other put the baby with his head at the foot end of the bed). Every crib out there has had more reported problems than this bed and yet parents all over North America still use them.

Really, the Amby is very safe as long as you use it as directed!

Here's what the founder had to say about the recall:
http://www.babyhammocks.com/hammock-safety-concerns.htm
Thank you SO much for this post! So helpful. I am using mine when Samson arrives.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara0530 View Post
Try searching for Natures Nest if you're looking to snag one second hand. Anyone trying to sell an Amby won't be using the US name (Amby) as it's currently recalled.

You could also try ordering one through the Aussie site:
http://www.babyhammocks.com/int-ess/shop.php3 or email them to see if they will ship to the US while the American site is down.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote