Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaginal problems

I had a girlfriend who's dd had that, but she was completely closed. They gave her hormone cream and it opened it up. I know that she had to keep checking it at least once a month, and occasionally had to use the cream on it. She has moved away and we no longer speak, but last I knew her dd was 9 and it was still closing occasionally.

On that note, it IS common, and isn't a lifelong thing (or so her doctor told her).

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD has this, too. I could've smacked our old ped after our new holistic ped noticed it at our first visit. I know he was looking--why didn't he notice??
Anyway, our GOOD ped said that it happens because baby girls don't have estrogen yet which helps to keep things lubricated down there. Everything's dry and sticks together--the tissue becoming fused together.
She has us p/u Calendula ointment from Whole Foods (it's from the dandelion plant which has a natural plant estrogen) and we apply it @ ea. diaper change. When the folds become unfused (we're almost there) we're to switch to unpetrolated jelly and apply that @ ea. diaper change for 1 mon, after which time she should be good to go.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #13
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard this is pretty common too. My ped. told me from my first dd to make sure that I gently separate teh folds once in a while to make sure they don't adhere. or to wipe with a cloth....
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #14
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

TMI coming
I have this (or at least a similar) problem now as an adult. Don't know if I did when I was a baby or not, but my vulva has grown completely closed, I am having a partial vulvectomy later this month to remove the "excess" the creams didn't work for me, and I never had this problem until after DD was born If you have something that will treat it now, do it, much better than having it corrected later when it will be remembered, KWIM?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
AlaskanBlueEyedBabies
Registered Users

I was doing a search for and found this thread.

I started a thread over at Mothering.com about labial adhesion. Several mama's have posted to that thread,and I'm in the process of trying out an herbal ointment that I made for DD to help open her back up.For more info here's the link if anyone is interested
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=578289
Old 02-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I've heard of many many baby girls this has happened to. From what their mamas say, the cream works fine and there are no long term effects or anything.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #17
AlaskanBlueEyedBabies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
Yep, I've heard of many many baby girls this has happened to. From what their mamas say, the cream works fine and there are no long term effects or anything.
I know I didn't realize how many lil' girls had this! When you say "cream" where you talking about the hormone estrogen cream or the calendula ointment?

I've used the estrogen cream from the Dr. and I did have my DD complain that it hurt and burned pretty badly,and it def looked like it was irritating her skin. Anyway,just thought I'd mention it
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
Ashling
Registered Users
Formerly: mamastone
seller

My Mood:

So this happens to alot of babies? I didn't even know it could happen. All DD's bits are so tiny, It's almost impossible to see anything. I guess I should make a point of checking every so often... *boggle*
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #19
AlaskanBlueEyedBabies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamastone View Post
So this happens to alot of babies? I didn't even know it could happen. All DD's bits are so tiny, It's almost impossible to see anything. I guess I should make a point of checking every so often... *boggle*
I had NO IDEA this could happen either until one day I realized my 18 month old DD (who had just started to run around during the daytimes w/o cloth diapers on) had no yoni ! She was totally closed and it was getting close to closing her urethra as well.

I don't know how many little girls get this,but it seems to be "common".