Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #11
mamabug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 more questions.. ( thanks momas)

1. We have about 3 doz reg and prem pfs, plus about 6 pockets, Proraps covers and 1 Stac wool cover.
2. I wash every 3 days.
3. I would use infant cpfs as doublers (that's what I do, anyway!)

Advertisement

Loving wife to my best friend, Kevin, BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing, Non-vaxing, babyfood making, knitting, Christian SAHM to Randi 10/94 , Heaven 3/96 , Sheldon 7/98 , Peyton 5/00 and Little Kason born Sept 20, 2006!!
mamabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #12
3inclothdiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1. I have 2 in diapers, and the part of the stash that we currently use is around 40-50 diapers.
2. I wash every 2 days, sometimes sooner if the pail fills up quicker than normal!
3. Prefolds would make a bulky doubler I think, unless you trim them down some. If you can sew you can turn just about anything into a doubler!
3inclothdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...we are in flux right now with diapers, so counting prefolds, maybe around 40 or so. Working on getting more fitteds.

We wash every 36 hours or so, or when the diaper box (sterilite container) is full. Sometimes it's every afternoon.

If I was going to by Gerbers for doublers, I'd get the birdseye/gauze flats, so you can fold them good & know that it's all absorbent material (no polyfill).
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I have about 50 dipes.
I wash everyother day
I would imagine the gerber's would be fine. I've never used them.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #15
POMHMomi
Registered Users
seller

We have

4 BG AIOs
1 BG Pocket
1 Drybee night pocket
1 MBM AIO
1 SnS AIO
1 BBD AIO
1 Unknown AIO which is almost unusuable now
2 NN covers (also falling apart with holes)
2 MBM covers
2 WWB covers (both have holes and are a size too small)
15 infant prefolds
1 reg sherpa prefold (one more on the way)

I usually wash ever day but at least every day and a half! We still have to use some sposies too if I wait to long between washes and we use them every other night...when the Drybees is dirty.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #16
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1.) How many diapers do you have in your stash
Currently we use around 54 diapers in rotation which includes 32 prefolds. The prefolds are changed more often than pockets or AIOs because my son is a super soaker. That number doesn't include the little one's stash .

2.) how often do you wash
I wash the poop pail every other day or two (we have it in the bathroom) and the pee pail (which is in the bedroom next to the changing table) every three to four days depending on smell and amount of dipes in there. Sometimes I can only get by three days. I do three washes/rinses baking soda/vinegar/Dawn though so I like to keep washing to a minimum and with that much washing/rinsing it cleans the dipes out pretty good.

3.) I was thinking of just getting gerber prefolds to use as a doubler in his fitted dipes.. what ya think?
If you want to get some prefolds as doublers, go with preemie Indian or Chinese prefolds. They are MUCH better than Gerber. Preemie prefolds are pretty trim as a doubler...much more so than Gerber prefolds would be. You can buy them for a fairly reasonable price new or used and if you want to add some "flare" to them, just dye them. Check out www.little-lions.com for package deals. I love working with Gina!

Last edited by imommy; 02-03-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: oops it would help if i proofed
imommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #17
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1 I have about 50, but I don't need that many. I use about 32 regularly, the pockets are hand me downs from my oldest ds and are only used for outings.

2 I was every other day. I worry about my machine washing a larger load of dipes, and I don't like the idea of them sitting around with poo and urine on them. I worry about it breaking down the fabrics and breeding ickies.

3 there are much better materials for cheap out there. If you want to use the gerbers use the flats, you can fold them up and at least they don't have the poly fill (which doesn't absorb any way). The curity pf's are alright (my MIL used these for all of her kiddos exclusively) but I don't know where you buy them now. You can get microfiber towels super cheap at target in the auto section and it is super absorbant and trim. I think $5 buys a dozen or so of the thin ones.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote