Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Private parts itching?

I get yeast with no symptoms other than itching, which can be really severe. So, it definitely could be that.

But, I also wanted to say, my 4.5 year old son gets really itchy too, but on the backside instead. I have found that it's mostly if he doesn't wipe himself well enough. When I notice he is itching a lot, I'll lay him down and wipe his bottom really good. Even if I can't see much, it seems to itch him. That usually takes care of the problem until the next time. So, I'd also try making sure she is nice and clean after going potty, especially after a BM.

Good luck!

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
amygamie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Life is what happens when your too busy making other plans
Deleted post bc being stalked

Last edited by amygamie; 01-28-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: .
amygamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
angelikapisadika
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not too sure yeast creams and cortisone creams are "very safe". In any case, they are only dealing with the symptom of an underlying condition and should not be used all the time. They should be used very, very sparingly. These temporary treatments can be potentially harmful to your little girl, too. I'd do some research on natural remedies before using anything else.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
tarinalynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

organic coconut oil can kill yeast it just takes a touch longer to work than the yeast creams. I avoid cortisone due to its thiniing of the skin effect when used frequently. But a dose of nystatin on the skin once or twice wont hurt. Atleast if she stops itching you know a little more than before. If it works after one or two uses switch to coconut oil everyday all over her nether regions to keep the yeast away, and then add it to her diet to kill the yeast from inside out and start adding probiotics to her food or diet and cut sugars and processed foods back if there are any. Kids usually have way too much juice and even though apple juice and orange juices are healthy they are high in naturally occuring sugars. Good luck! You will figure out what it is and what works for your daughter.
tarinalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
lovemyryguy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimberly View Post
What laundry detergent do you use? My mom use to have to air dry my undies and I'd sleep panty-less b/c of such issues.
I tried using fabric softener once, and I had to stop using it because I became so itchy and irritated! It was terrible. I don't even use dryer sheets anymore.

I also sometimes have bouts of itchy-ness that just get worse the more I scratch. I've used the OTC anti-itch meds (like vagisil) and that helps a lot. A night of sleeping underwear free always does the trick too!