Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
Another Mama Cloth question

So I picked up some FB mama cloth when it was on clearance and I'm in love with it! I've noticed that PUL backed is more expensive than say, fleece...and wool depends on who makes it, LOL.

I have a VERY heavy flow...sometimes an ounce an hour (TMI, I know) - do you think it would be safe for someone like me to venture out of PUL land to try out some fleece or something or would it be best to stick with the guarantee leak proofness (not a word, I know!) of PUL?

InvisibleHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered Users
Formerly: mostlymerrymary
My Mood:
Re: Another Mama Cloth question

I also have an EXTREMELY heavy flow and use fleece-backed mama cloth. I haven't ever had a leak. It's much more moisture resistant than you think. Even with PUL backed mama cloth, frequent changing when your flow is heavy is key. I found fleece much more comfy than PUL, and breathable.

No spam intended here, I just know how much I love fleece compared to PUL - I'm clearing out some inventory, so if you decide you want to try a fleece backed pad, I can send you one of my second quality pads, any absorbency, FFS (free for shipping). These usually have serging or fabric flaws that aren't very noticeable, and the pad is still perfectly functional. I'll be glad to provide pics if you're interested. Just shoot me a PM with your zip code and I can tell you exactly what shipping would be.

That way you can try one and not lose money if you decide it's not for you. You can see my style of mama cloth by clicking on the link in my siggy.
Mary, homeschooling, loving wife and WAHM to Micah, 9 , Jenna, 7 and David, 4

ISO: Abeka Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 curriculum, soapmaking and body product making supplies IHA: diaper-sewing, custom mama cloth, more!
Need mama cloth? PM me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree, it's worth trying fleece. I have a heavy flow as well for the first day and I only use fleece backed and just change as often as needed. Never had a leak!
Crystal~WAHM to Emma & Liam and wife to Scott.
Stocking Minky and Bamboo Cloth Pads at Tree Hugger Cloth Pads!
Choose from 200+ colors!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Registered Users

I have one really heavy day, and I totally prefer fleece! I even used fleece-backed for postpartum without any leaking. You'll be surprised by the protection fleece can offer...and it's a lot more comfortable in my opinion.
Christ Following, Homeschooling Mama to Ethan, Ava, and Miles.
funnytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
My Mood:

I'm not a heavy flow gal but fleece-backed pads hold up great to postpartum use so you should be able to use it just fine. Give it a try if you haven't already and that way you'll know!
Michelle, mom to DD (7/9/99), DD (11/12/01), and DS (4/17/07); wife to DH (8/31/96)
GEM (Green and Economical by Michelle) Cloth
***Clearance Prices on Cloth Pad Sets!***
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote