Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #21
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Baby Leash?

I don't have one for my kids *yet*, but I'm sure I'll be getting a couple once the twins are walking. But my mom used them on my brother and me when we were toddlers. Don't pay attention to dirty looks....I caan assure you that it caused ZERO emotional damage, lol. I actually remember liking it a lot better than being in the double stroller.

Advertisement

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank for the responses and support! We will have our stroller with us as well just in case. I think I will pick one up and if we dont use it return it (great idea!).

Thanks again!

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lol. I forgot to mention that I was a "leashed" kid, too. I loved to make a game of hiding from my mom in stores when I was little. I scared her enough times that she got a wrist leash that I had to wear every time we were out in public. Everywhere. I learned pretty quickly to stay in her sight at all times.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our have came in very handy.

To the people who oppose "kid leashes: I will leash my kids for the same reason I leash my animals...for their safety. I love my kids more than my animals...why would I not want to keep them near and safe?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #25
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the bear backpack and use it so my daughter can walk and explore. It must be so uncomfortable for a lo to have to have his hand raised up in the air for long periods of time. I have always liked the idea of children getting more exercise also.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #26
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

I used on for my dd in the airport and I was so glad we had it! Dh had the stroller with 2 carseats on it and I had ydd in a sling and odd with the backpack leash. It was so crowded in the airport that it would have been really easy for her to lost in the crowd if she stopped for even a second.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

I'm getting one for ds (13 months) he has been walking for 3 months and he is a crazy, wild, street-running, non-hand-holding maniac baby! I will be getting one as soon as I find one. Plus he is too little to understand consequences right now. Your dd is probably the same, I would get it so I could follow her, not to stop her from running around. I also used one for ds when he was 2 because we were at a very crowded convention.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #28
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had one for my son when he was 1-2 years old. Used it a few times when we were in extremely crowded, public places. You can use a "leash" in a respectable manner and it be no different than holding your child's hand. There's a big difference in what I just described, and using it to yank your child in one direction or another.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #29
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtopintsizeddictator View Post
We use the backpack monkey with my DD when we go shopping- she likes to bolt, and we've had some close calls with her running in front of carts at Costco and nearly getting run over.

I would rather end up with dirty looks from people who usually don't have kids/their kids are older than have an injured child.
Yes...I have a bolter too. We use the backpack doggie...because DS picked it out for DD...I wanted to get the monkey! At any rate, we rarely leave the house without the harness. DD doesn't just bolt, biut she will go up to a complete stranger...man or woman...and ask to be picked up. She likes to look in people's faces, especially right into their eyes, and she loves to hug. I'm thinking I'm going to keep her on a leash until she's 25...DH is hoping to until she's 35.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #30
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to get one when my oldest turned 1. We were looking at flying from Atlanta to Philly and from Philly to Frankfurt with me being 6months pregnant. I had a severe case of morning sickness still, and he liked to bolt... so If he was down running off some of that energy, he was on a leash.

When we got to our terminal in Philly, there was no one in the entire terminal for over 3 hours!! So, I let him run while I watched... Now the rule is - "If you don't hold momma's hand - you wear the leash. Do you want the leash?" and he says no, so he holds my hand.

I need to figure out something different for grocery shopping though. I Think I'll have him use one of those mini carts and have his own list while DH has his -- and forgo the fit that he throws with my MIL/FIL when they have him in the cart.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote