Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Baby Leash?

Originally Posted by megk23 View Post
I'd much rather get nasty looks from random people at an airport than end up on TV crying because my kid got lost at an airport. Anything can happen in just a couple seconds where you think DH is watching him, but he thinks youa re and you both look for something in a bag and poof.....

Mommy to Rhys Donovan, born October-09-2008
Wife to Steven for 14 years, since May 17, 2010!

Losing It!****5****10****15***20****25****30****
35****40****45****50****55****60****65****70****80 ***84
MellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

We have a doggie backpack one -- I got it for my youngest and only used it a couple of times. I don't think I got any strange looks or maybe I just didn't pay attention, lol. For the most part my kids both stuck by me pretty good (never the kind to run away and not listen) But I found it a bit more reassuring when we were in crowded places and needed my hands free (and hers too) she never minded and actually liked her puppy.

If you want one ffs just pm me and I can get it off to you.

Wife to Lee since 8/95 and mom to Eryn 9/03 & Emily 1/06
ericak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
My Mood:

We have the dog one as well. We call it the puppy pouch. My son actually asks for it and wants the puppy on front sometimes so he can pet it! I use it at "busy" places like Disney World where it only takes seconds to get separated.

If people don't like me using it or think it's disgusting, they don't have to look and thankfully it's not their kids

We love it!

Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!

Last edited by Terra; 03-03-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add photo
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

when ds2 was 2 i bought one, it was a monkey one and he called it his monkey packpack. I was one of those moms that said I would never use one of those, but I did. He loved to try to escape, so I decided that it was better for him to be safe, then to get looks from strangers.
Tiffany~ mama to 4 of the best boys ever and wife to the best man in the world
Luckey You Creations! Your one stop shop for crochet goodness! WAHM Wares, etsy "like" me on Facebook
tiffybear01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #35
Registered Users

I used our monkey one today to go to the post office. DD was asleep in her carrier and ds is still learning to hold hands in public. I don't walk him like a dog- I make him hold my hand but have the monkey attached in case he decides to bolt. We both love the freedom it gives us.
Mommy to Gavin(11/09/07) 7 weeks premature (HELLP Syndrome) and Rosalie(9/29/09)
I used to go to sleep but now I go to nursing school...

ISO: Nook. Will trade goodmamas.
Mommy2Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #36
Banned- member requested

Originally Posted by Laniemel View Post
I am all for kid leashes. H*ll, I'm all for getting one for my hubby, but really, I know dang well were he the electronics section, looking at video games!

We also owned the monkey one-I used it a lot on my middle dd, when I was pregnant with my third and was just too big/slow to chase her around (my oldest stayed by me but my other dd is a runner ). It worked great and my dd loved it-she'd carry it around even when she wasn't wearing it
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #37
Registered Users

They are great. If you need to stop and talk for example to a security guard you don't have to worry about chasing your child around while trying to ask a question. My child didn't like it but still wore it if we were in a busy area where I couldn't bring my child. The leash doesn't go around the neck and I don't care what other people think. They aren't in my shoes- and sure there are tons of super moms out there who would never... but I'm not one of them. good luck... and I've notcied you won't get snide looks (in any situation) if you aren't making eye contact with other moms LOL.
walawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #38
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Terra View Post

I just bought this same one! I wanted the pink poodle one but they didnt have it. It was the one DD wouldnt let go of so I figure she liked it best!

We;re gonna try it out later today
~ Kelly ~ Married to my best friendJan 20 2007 ~
~ Mama to Abigail Sophia Dec 18 2008 & Duncan Alexander Sept 24 2010 ~
~ SAHM With USA PO for Shipping ~

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #39
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth

I plan on getting one for each of my twins when they get older. I'll probably only use them when we go to big fairs/festivals or going to crowded trains or airports.

One year while I was attending an air show, I was walking back to my car and there was a young mom with her toddler and a baby in her arms. The toddler stayed close by her, but was walking close to the edge of the sidewalk. A big bus was coming towards them and her son almost stepped into the street in front of the oncoming bus. The toddler had a backpack/leash and she was able to tug him away from the street. That situation convinced me that they can be useful.
Proud wife to Air Force DH. Honored SAHM to my twins Samuel and David.
EP'ed for 1 year!
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #40
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used to be one of those people, giving dirty looks when someone had their kid on a leash. You bet that quickly changed after having a toddler running away in the store.

DD will not sit in a stroller, shopping cart, mai name it. If she's not allowed to walk around, she throws the biggest tantrum. Having a leash makes her happy and she walks around like a big girl...
Skittle is offline   Reply With Quote