Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Crocs for Toddlers?

My girl has spent the past half hour trying to put a pair of dark purple Crocs on her feet- they are not hers though and too small but given the interest, I was wondering if these work out okay as shoes for little ones?

We usually do velcro shoes, and she does take those off, but usually they stay on during walking. Wondering if Crocs do too or if they fall right off?

Advertisement

Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
BabyLove2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crocs for Toddlers?

Crocs are the only summer shoes that my daughter and nephews wear, they run and play in them just fine and are very easy for them to put on by themselves, the nice thing is they get dirty and you just hose them off. I love them and this will be the 3rd summer of those being my daughters main shoes.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son loves them! He has chunky feet, so they stay on well. On thin or skinny feet, they fall off a lot! I swear I spend all summer reputting on crocs or fakes from ill fitting pairs.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Crocs are *great* for toddlers.

But once they start running a lot, they're kinda dangerous. DS got tripped up by his and ran out of them once he got really active (around 3.5).

So, for DD we're letting her wear them this summer, but it will be her last in Cayman style and then she'll have to have something more secure (like the velcro-on sandal)
Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
2cuteprincesses
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 2 & 4 yo love them. We've had no trouble with them staying on (unless they take them off). They can trip when running in them though.
2cuteprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

DS is 2 and last summer we bought him a pair of crocs with the "satin-like" stretchy stuff on the top and for the back strap and he LOVED them! So does mama since they are easy to slip on and off and they are resilient (water, mud, ect) and FYI they float incase your LO throws her shoes over the side of the boat like mine did!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love crocs for kids. They're a little iffy when kids still aren't too stable...you know, they're walking well but not all the time I got DD2 a pair this past summer when she turned 3, and she did fine with them--they're definitely easier to walk in than flip-flops!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a couple of pairs for ods. I personally don't like crocs for adults. I think they look kind of stupid. And I've never found them to be comfortable. But ds really liked them, and they seemed to be more comfortable than an of his other sandals.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

I'm also not a fan of them on adults, but LOVE them on DD. They are light, easy to wash, float, and come with tons of little jewelry pieces to make 'em cuter. They are the only shoes my DD wears in the summer. We used the regular style crocs the summer she was 1 and the mary-jane style ones when she was 2. I like them both a lot, I think the MJ's stay on a little better though.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My baby isn't old enough but my nephews and the kids I used to baby sit all wear them. I honestly think they are the BEST shoe for a toddler! Easy on easy off, breathable, and best of all, they can get dirty!
Please visit and LIKE my page to keep up with fun diaper chat and frequent online specials!
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote