Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Crocs for Toddlers?

When I first saw them I thought they were the cutest things ever!! But DD wouldn't put them on, so we didn't get them. Then I noticed TONS of other kids at the playground wearing them, and I would say 90% or more of them were having problems with the shoes. They would trip over them, they would fall off, etc. It just looked like a PITA honestly. And if you can't trust them at the playground, why buy them?
This summer DD will have a pair of sandals with velcro straps to wear occasionally, a pair of cheaper slip on tennis shoes, and a nice pair of tennis shoes. I want something I know is going to stay on!

Mom to 2007 and 2010.
Swimmingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

DS will only wear crocs...He loves them, and they can be washed when he gets them all muddy, gotta love that feature!
Zack (8/07) and Drake (3/10)
zacks_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #33
Registered Users

Are they actually any good for kids? Aside from the fact that I don't like the way they look, I don't feel like they offer the correct support. I put mine in velcro strapped Timberland (or similar) sandals for summer, she's never worn flipflops.
mamatje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have read everywhere that they are not supportive, therefore not good for development.
DS will not own a pair. A 4 year old I used to babysit wore them all the time, and she tripped in them all.the.time. Made me wonder why her grandmother kept putting them on her.
mama to three sweet, rough & tumble boys who always keep me on my feet:
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

Both my girls love them and have done for the past two summers (now 5 and 10). They aren't great for running, IMO, though they seemed to do fine. At least my younger one did - my older one has two left feet anyway, and My younger DD is a stinker and would slide the strap off so they would fly when she threw a hissy fit. She generally prefers her shoes a size too big - I am convinced it's for the dramatic effect of shoes flying.
Nonetheless... thumbs up. And they float!
jamieism is offline   Reply With Quote