Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
A'smommy
Registered Users

Re: EC thread:)

We EC'ed but never without the diaper. DD was just getting used to the idea at 2-3 months, but then DH was gone for several months and it was just too much work for me alone.

Now she is 21 mos. and I try to sit her on the potty before her bath each night, but she just mimicks "Pee-pee" and giggles. She hasn't gone on it yet, but I'm hoping she'll catch on. She's started telling me "pee" or "poo" and bringing me wipes and a clean diaper when she needs a change.

I've heard it's possible to EC with older ones. Still, you'd probably want to invest in a lot of puppy-training pads.

GL!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
rizomomof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK sorry for the dumb question but Why do you do this is it so they PL early
rizomomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
A'smommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizomomof4 View Post

That's what I was hoping! And to save $ on diapers, less pollution, etc.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
rizomomof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'smommy View Post
That's what I was hoping! And to save $ on diapers, less pollution, etc.
OHHH ok Thanks i Just really had no idea Darn i really don't think i have the energy to start ealy
rizomomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #15
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i actually started by accident i sat her on her cousin's potty when she was 2 months so i could grab a dipe and she pooped and peed we havent really done it much until 2 weeks ago when i noticed she was grunting/squirming before she went...so i take her to the potty when she does and she goes 100% of the time i just have to pay attention to her cues, kwim? she just atarted the "fppppppppppp" last night and has done it all day when she needed to go potty we arent really worried about PLing she just loves her potty and has never been good with dirty dipes so if it makews her happy we will do it....i think she is actually training us though, lol
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
borja010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Also, IMO a nice way to practice AP... For me it is not for PL at all, we share some nice communication by practicing EC

BTW, anyone out there experience this...

DD has only liked to go potty on her BBLP since we started but now she associates sitting w/going potty (in her highchair, walker, lap etc) She will feel free to go on any of these w/little or no signaling! She is 8mos but has been doing this forever now! Anyone else ever experience this???

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the encouragement ladies. I meant to EC - I bought "infant potty training" the book ... but got discouraged at the thought that I have to carry around a bowl everywhere, etc. as the book seemed to make it sound in the introduction. I was also overwhelmed with my first baby at the time and shelved the idea for a while. Now she's almost 6 months the "cut off" age and I'm sad I never started but maybe I'll buy a potty seat and just try it! and ditch the bowl idea...

wife to DH Chris and mom to beautiful Esther 8/12/06
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
borja010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
OHHH ok Thanks i Just really had no idea Darn i really don't think i have the energy to start ealy
Believe it or not it is waaaaaay LESS work than diapering! I get way bummed out if I get a poopy miss! I mean, you have to clean something after DC goes right??? To me, easier to empty a potty than scrub a booty Trust me! I am a lazy mama! I don't have much in the way of help so anything to save a step is the way to go for me!

This is a great place for info if anyone is still curious

http://www.natural-wisdom.com/faq.htm
Old 02-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #19
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borja010 View Post
Believe it or not it is waaaaaay LESS work than diapering! I get way bummed out if I get a poopy miss! I mean, you have to clean something after DC goes right??? To me, easier to empty a potty than scrub a booty Trust me! I am a lazy mama! I don't have much in the way of help so anything to save a step is the way to go for me!

This is a great place for info if anyone is still curious

http://www.natural-wisdom.com/faq.htm

ITA....its a lot less work...i just have to figure out how to get enough dipes to wash once every couple days
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
beccalriley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
ITA....its a lot less work...i just have to figure out how to get enough dipes to wash once every couple days
Us too! LOL. We started Maggie when she was 2 weeks..but have just now gotten to this point..I'm now wanting some itty bitty panties, really loving some ov ones on fsot..but they are gone. Anwyays, I think for the summer I will use something similiar and luxe wool shorts..that is if I ever find any!
Glad to see this thread!