Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Angry WTH??? I "thought" she was doing better

I am going to lose my flippin mind here. My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and just flippin drew all over our brand new sofa with purple marker. What in the world??? She tells me "there are spots on the furniture" and I immediatly knew because she was just coloring in her coloring book. Go into the living rooma nd our sofa looks like a freakin zebra.

I give up! Yesterday my 12 year old had me crying and today it's my 4 year old. I'm done. I can't do it anymore.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH??? I "thought" she was doing better

I'm sorry! That would definantly make me upset as well!!!!

If it were me, I would make her help clean it off the couch.

HUGS!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

momma, what type of fabric is the couch? what kind of marker? maybe we could help you try to figure out how to get it off?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

It's the marker froma Doodle Bear so thankfully it "should" come off easily. My couch is........I want to say microfiber........suede feeling............ Not able to think right now.

I am more mad about the fact that at 4 1/2 she decides to draw on furniture. She knows better. I am so stressed out and it just keep pilling up. I'm searching for a therepist now, I need to talk to someone. I can't take all the stress anymore and I have no one I can talk to about everything. Dh and I aren't talking either, not that we are fighting just that we are both so stressed out I think we are not feeling connected right now. I just want to run and hide..........forever........
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

MOMMA. Your dd sounds like my ds did at that age. I felt like he did things like that to intentionally drive me crazy. It has gotten better with time. But it was trial and error figuring out what works for us with him and still now, he tests my patience on a weekly basis (he's 10). If you need to talk, or any advise, pm me. I'll help best I can and let you know what all we tried

I know it seems there is NO positive in this, but there is. Your daughter is a limit pusher and a very independent thinker and though it's frustrating now, think of the possibilities in her future. GL
crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylernzoe View Post
I know it seems there is NO positive in this, but there is. Your daughter is a limit pusher and a very independent thinker and though it's frustrating now, think of the possibilities in her future. GL
I agree with this. Do your children go anywhere to give you a break? School, sitter, etc? It sounds to me like you need a chance to decompress a bit. I wish I were closer and could help!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and lots of them mama!!

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

I think I need a break from it all. Generally this time of year we get away for a few days to decompress but this year we can't. I think it's just "that time of year" for me. I don't like winter, it's dreary and cold and it makes me want to stay cooped up.

Dd goes to preschool twice a week but I still have J and Lilly, I never have total "me" time. I actually told dh I was jealous of a pack of gum I found in his car. Why?? Because dh can stop for a pack of gum without having to haul 3-4 kids out of the car then chase them through a store while they are begging for snacks. I have a brand spankin new embroidery machine that I haven't been able to even use since I got it on Christmas. I just want a little bit of time to get things done without having to worry about the kids. Can't seem to count on dh for that andmy family is having so many issues right now.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom View Post
I think I need a break from it all. Generally this time of year we get away for a few days to decompress but this year we can't. I think it's just "that time of year" for me. I don't like winter, it's dreary and cold and it makes me want to stay cooped up.

Dd goes to preschool twice a week but I still have J and Lilly, I never have total "me" time. I actually told dh I was jealous of a pack of gum I found in his car. Why?? Because dh can stop for a pack of gum without having to haul 3-4 kids out of the car then chase them through a store while they are begging for snacks. I have a brand spankin new embroidery machine that I haven't been able to even use since I got it on Christmas. I just want a little bit of time to get things done without having to worry about the kids. Can't seem to count on dh for that andmy family is having so many issues right now.

You could also be affected by the seasonal disorder. The cold, less sunlight, short day...they affect people horribly.

My dh doesn't get that whole thing either - being able to just go into a store - pop in - ya know. There's no popping in my life any more.

I know someone whose 2 yo *drew* on their bed - unfortunately she was drawing with a car key and iut was on the footboard. I'm impressed she allowed her daughter to continue to breathe.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #10
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mamma, my oldest was very similar, a limit pusher and independant thinker. Drove my nuts, I dreaded waking up in the morning . I had him in two different preschools so he was busy 4 days a week, and on the free weekday I had lots of outdoor stuff planned with him. It does get beter with age. 4 was his worst year.
Once he was in Kindergarten things got so much better (he was too tired to act up so much)