Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeping mamas - look here!!

We mostly refrain...when we do get in the mood, there have been times when we've put DJ in the crib and actually used the bed, more often it's in the floor or the couch or at odd times. This baby was conceived on the floor of the "office" after dh came in and announced "Hey, DJ's asleep...wanna quickie?" He learned his lesson!

There's a mama on another board I used to go to that said they just made the "nursery" into their little "love nest"...the kids weren't using it so they put a big bed in there and that's where they do their thing. I think if your'e going to cosleep long term, you have to be creative a little, but honestly, isn't that better to keep things interesting?

Good luck!

Advertisement

bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #12
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
Ah sex... there was a time I actually craved it. I think it was 10-12 years ago, but there was a time ...

We use the guest room. But it's totally not spontaneous anymore so a lot of the romance has gone out of it. Altho we did get smart and leave a couple condoms up there so it requires a little less planning. But still - what I wouldn't give for a just-about-to-fall-asleep-but-someone-gets-a-wild-hair-pickle-tickle, ya know?
LOL @ the wild-hair-pickle-tickle!!

My almost 4 year old is still in bed with us some nights (though not usually until 4am) so it looks like it might be a while until we get our spontaneous pickle-tickle
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine just kinda runs around the house unless hes asleep... just wherever, but weve been like that for a long time, never cared where we are LOL.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

DS #2 is a heavy sleeper. That probably won't work much longer Otherwise, we always find a way to get together time- the bathroom is the only with a lock, so it sees a lot of action.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
crunchymama
Registered Users

I'll probally get rocks thrown at me for this but when ashlie was little (less than 18 months or so) I had no problem having sex in bed. She never woke up and was a heavy sleeper. Now that my kids are older I won't do it in bed. She is four. aidan is 2. I doubt they would wake up but ehy would be a little freaked if they did. Besides with three kids in my bed there is no room.lol
But like the above poster we just do it wherever and it has always been like that even before kids. Just make sure u shut the shades.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #16
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
DS #2 is a heavy sleeper. That probably won't work much longer Otherwise, we always find a way to get together time- the bathroom is the only with a lock, so it sees a lot of action.
LOL this one is funny.

I seem to not have a drive at all but hubby on the other hand thinks that anytime DS is sleeping is daddy time. MOMMIE DON'T THINK SO. I just wanna relax, shower, sleep or read. So DH says this is the only way to get baby #2.

Back to the question, My hubby and I sleep in seperate rooms because he works nights and I still live a life during the day. but DS sleeps with me and he is 10+ months no biggy.
So I have never run into the situation of moving DS to crib DH is never home.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #17
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

since we only have one & dh is home during the day (he works from home) - i actually find we have more spontaneous sex than before she was born (when were sort of in a saturday morning rut). we use the guest room, the living room floor/couch, most recently her bedroom (that's just a playroom for now). nap time is popular around here and on occasion in the evenings if she goes to bed early enough & we're not busy doing other things. she does nap sometimes on a pallet on the floor in her room so we use our bed then.

my sex drive was kinda low until i got ppaf back - now i'd say it's better than pre-baby (i attribute a lot of that to not being on the pill).

hth
Old 05-27-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
LOL this one is funny.

I seem to not have a drive at all but hubby on the other hand thinks that anytime DS is sleeping is daddy time. MOMMIE DON'T THINK SO. I just wanna relax, shower, sleep or read. So DH says this is the only way to get baby #2.

Back to the question, My hubby and I sleep in seperate rooms because he works nights and I still live a life during the day. but DS sleeps with me and he is 10+ months no biggy.
So I have never run into the situation of moving DS to crib DH is never home.
I sleep with dd in a twin bed in her room. DH has "our" bed to himself. he's too much of a deep sleeper, and didn't feel comfortable with dd in our bed. (and I REALLY wanted to cosleep)

I just put her in her crib & go in our room. If you have a pack & play in your room, you could always lay her down in it while you are doing the hibbity-dibbity. Or even a pallet on the floor. Even if she wakes up, she will have no idea what's giong on. lol
Old 05-27-2006, 10:06 PM   #19
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well you can PM me if you want but... we just slide dd over and do our business.. I mean shes 9 months, its not like she knows whats going on even if she was to take up.. And we make sure we are quiet enough not to wake her!

Sometimes we will sneak in the shower or sofa too.. hehe
Old 05-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #20
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
just-about-to-fall-asleep-but-someone-gets-a-wild-hair-pickle-tickle

I remember the good old days of spontaneous sex......with 3 kids, they're never asleep or gone all at the same time or its so darn LATE I just want to sleep!!!! That and dh works stupid hours so he's always tired anyway...talk about a waste of $$ on BCPS!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote