Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #31
kalynlew
Registered Users

Re: Savannah, Ga Moms??

Hi Everyone! I live in Rincon (we recently moved from DC) and love my CDing. I would love to BW but was never that good at it. I would love to meet up with some mommas that CD - I am in a MOMS group but I am the ONLY one that CDs...can you believe it?

I get VERY frustrated with the lack of CD stores in the area. I would love to start one (and I am slowly gathering info) but we will see. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Advertisement

kalynlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #32
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynlew View Post
Hi Everyone! I live in Rincon (we recently moved from DC) and love my CDing. I would love to BW but was never that good at it. I would love to meet up with some mommas that CD - I am in a MOMS group but I am the ONLY one that CDs...can you believe it?

I get VERY frustrated with the lack of CD stores in the area. I would love to start one (and I am slowly gathering info) but we will see. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Well, you're right up the road from us. I've been wanting to start a store myself, but not just for CDs (and not quite yet!)... I'm certainly interested in helping out however I can!

We just moved here in August, and I haven't joined a MOMS or MOPS group, yet... but I was pleasantly surprised that my church (Savannah Christian Church, Henderson campus for us) nursery worker didn't bat a lash when I said we CD! There aren't many families there that do (surprising, since it's a big fellowship), and I haven't met any others as yet, but I know they're out there!

Anyway, drop me a PM anytime My girls are 6yo (in Kindergarten) and 10mo, and I'm essentially a SAHM/WAHM (we're ~trying~ to get a business going, at any rate)
nikwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey Karen Good to see you on the forum! (It's Jessica BTW lol) I'm interested in what you've found in starting a CD business. We should have a little get together some time...including anyone else on this thread too of course Nikwik & I were talking about comparing BW'ing stuff...we bring some of our fluff too & do some comparing.

Just an idea
Mama-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #34
kalynlew
Registered Users

So I am not understanding this site very well. Doesn't seem like I can do much since I just joined.

Anyway, Nikwik - I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts yet.

Where is up the road? I would like to open a boutique that is everything baby and momma related. It MUST have a HUGE wall of CD options!!

I go to a very small church (in my opinion) and surprisingly they haven't said a thing about my LO being in CD. One time I picked him up and he was in a sposie and his CD wasn't in the wet bag but oh well...at least they change him!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #35
kalynlew
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama-saurus View Post
Hey Karen Good to see you on the forum! (It's Jessica BTW lol) I'm interested in what you've found in starting a CD business. We should have a little get together some time...including anyone else on this thread too of course Nikwik & I were talking about comparing BW'ing stuff...we bring some of our fluff too & do some comparing.

Just an idea
Thanks for letting me know about this Jessica! I am trying to figure it out...

LOVE THAT IDEA! Let me know when and where and I will be there! My 3 yr old goes to "school" Tuesday - Thursday usually but I am available whenever. I know I live out a ways but you are always welcome here or if you want to meet somewhere I am up for that too.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #36
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynlew View Post
I would like to open a boutique that is everything baby and momma related. It MUST have a HUGE wall of CD options!!
I've always wanted to open a store with just stuff for boys. It seems like baby stuff is always girlie. LOL just a side note

And yeah you have to post for a while before you can PM. It's weird & I don't know why they do that.
Mama-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #37
kalynlew
Registered Users

Well at least I have 3 posts (4 counting this one) down. One more and I can PM. Figured I would scope out some dipes I have my eye on, check on some co-ops, and make occasional posts that would help me be able to do things!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #38
kalynlew
Registered Users

And yes...It would be nice to have a store that had some REALLY cute boy stuff. I can't count the number of times I have wanted to dress LO up as a girl just so I could buy some cute clothes! HAHA...(joking)

This is #5
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

lol... I hate that you have to have 50 posts to get a siggy! Oh well *sigh* We're slowly working on it!

"Up the road" from you is Garden City/Pooler. We actually take our 6yo to the McDonald's (I know, awful! lol) in Rincon on Hwy 21 occasionally, and I LOVE the memorial park there by the library. I'm more than happy to have a meet-up sometime, whether in Rincon or elsewhere. Feel free to pass me a note anytime
Old 10-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #40
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and I totally agree about boyish stuff too... even though my boy is 12, and I'm not having more babies, lol And on that note, I have GOT to make myself sleep!