Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #41
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

Re: Savannah, Ga Moms??

If there is anyone *meeting up*, I'd love to join!!

Advertisement

carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #42
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

I just thought I'd mention this for area moms who have toddlers-elementary kids...

Savannah Christian Church is hosting Patchville tonight, from 6-9pm. It's our harvest festival event and is free for local families to participate (and the FB page says they'll have Chick-fil-A, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and drinks for sale)

http://savannahchristian.com/patchville is the link to the information page, if anyone is interested in attending tonight. I'll be there with my family, letting my 6yo have fun!

(just remember, no scary costumes allowed!)
nikwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #43
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

nikwik - Thanks for posting this!!

Our church is having a free fall festival and trunk or treat on Saturday, Oct 30 from 6-9pm. The Sanctuary of Savannah on Whitfield Ave.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #44
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! Depending on how TJ does tonight, we may look into Saturday.

I'd also love to work out a picnic play date somewhere sometime soon. Maybe we ought to make a Facebook group or something, lol... I keep waffling between two sets of forums already! hehe

Let me know what you ladies think
Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #45
kalynlew
Registered Users

ok Savannah Mommas...I think we need to plan a get together. We can discuss our fluff love, maybe show our favorites, and get support with questions, concerns, or life in general. Let me know what you would all like to do - with young ones maybe someone's house would be best? We can do a shady park with a big "crawling blanket"?

Also, do we want to create a FB page for easier communication??

nikwik - it was great meeting up with you tonight!!!
kalynlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #46
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

kalynlew - I agree, I loved it!

Facebook might very well make it easier to communicate, since it would centralize us all instead of having numerous threads on several forums. We'd still keep our eyes peeled for topics like this so we can invite others, of course, but we wouldn't be forum-hopping for the sake of keeping up with everything! And if anyone's like me, they're on Facebook for a game or two anyway

As for meetup ideas, I think there are a ton of things we can come up with...

Home Meetings - We could even maybe alternate, so it's not at any one person's place all the time. I'd offer my place, but need to get hubby to approve that first (we could accommodate maybe 5 mamas and kiddos).

Savannah Mall - for the younger ones (toddlers-preschool) the Savannah Mall has a nice little play area, with seating.

Park/Playground - for older kids, there are a number of great parks and playgrounds in the area, and I'm sure we can manage to let them run out some energy. Maybe take the men along for this type, to help keep an eye on the playgrounders? (Magnolia State Park is only about an hour from Savannah, in Millen, and it's got picnic pavilions and playgrounds -- $5 per vehicle, but definitely an idea for a cookout or something sometime!)

Moms' Day Out - For some reason, I keep seeing an image in my head of several of us having the men babysit for an hour or so while we get pedicures... lol! Of course, I see us all seated in the pedi-chairs at my SIL's salon. Hmm, wonder if I can get her to give us a group discount? I'll have to ask, if ladies are interested!

Okay, so I'm going to hush now, because I'm getting too excited and need to breathe! I'm really looking forward to getting all this off the ground and meeting you ladies!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #47
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

Forsyth Park in midtown/downtown is nice - great play area, shady, large open areas for running around and picnic blankets. Just an idea.

And YES a FB page would be great!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #48
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

carlaross - sounds awesome! We haven't really had a chance to explore down that way, so it's great that we have moms from all over the area to give suggestions I love the idea of a picnic while the kids run. My email is dndrury79@yahoo.com if you ladies want to go ahead and get started on getting friendly on Facebook -- just put a note that I know you from here, so I know to accept
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #49
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow. I didn't check my computer at all yesterday & look at how much I missed! lol

I'm so in!! So how do we go about this Facebook group? I've never done this before. lol
And I second the Forsyth idea. It's the best park. It has a playground for little ones & big ones. A fancy new cafe with clean bathrooms & food to purchase. Starbucks too. It's also beautiful & historic, so what's not to like?
Mama-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #50
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

I can set up the Facebook group tomorrow morning. I've set up other groups and don't mind doing it. Everyone that wants to join, just email me and let me know your FB name or email addy. My email is: carlaross9495@gmail.com

Last edited by carlaross; 10-28-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling correction UGH!