Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #51
kalynlew
Registered Users

Re: Savannah, Ga Moms??

Carla -

I just sent an email to you so that you would have my address. I also told you what name my FB page is under. Can't wait for this...this is going to be great!

So, out of curiosity, I have a friend that does not CD - I believe she does BW - but might be interested in getting together with other mommas too. What do you all say?

My 3 yr old goes to school Tuesday - Thursday (did I say that already?) but my LO and I are available pretty much whenever. Let me know if you need or want me to do anything!

Advertisement

kalynlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #52
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, I would say she's welcome... I figured it'd be kind of an "ABC" mamas group -- Attachment Parenting, Babywearing, and/or Cloth Diapering. Usually those of us who do any one of those three things are at least interested in learning about one or both of the other two but that's just my two cents!

I sent the mail to Carla also, so she's got my email and Facebook name.

My 6yo is adhd and in public school (9am-3:30pm M-F except holidays), but the baby and I have a pretty flexible schedule otherwise. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!
nikwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 AM   #53
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

I got the emails and PMs. I'll try to get that set up today!

Sure, I'm not prejudiced against sposie users.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #54
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

As long as we don't turn into one of those elitist groups where all the ladies look down their noses at you if you don't show up BWing a CDed child, wearing a wardrobe made up of recycled/renewable fabrics, and talking crap about anyone who isn't totally crunchy, I'll be perfectly happy lol
Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #55
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwik View Post
As long as we don't turn into one of those elitist groups where all the ladies look down their noses at you if you don't show up BWing a CDed child, wearing a wardrobe made up of recycled/renewable fabrics, and talking crap about anyone who isn't totally crunchy, I'll be perfectly happy lol
LOL Couldn't have said it better myself!
Mama-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

BTW - Happy Halloween everybody!

Am I the only one super busy all weekend?! When did Halloween become so hectic? lol
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #57
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

If I did everything we ~could~ be doing for Halloween, I'd be super-busy... but I'm not, lol

By the way, in case anyone wasn't aware... the "official" Trick or Treat time for our area is Saturday night from 6-9pm, so that's when they'll have extra cops out patrolling and whatnot. There will still be people out Sunday night too, I'm sure, but we'll probably do ours Saturday just to be on the safe side. Figured I'd share, since I just bothered looking it up today.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #58
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Well, I thought about just heading to Carla's church for the trunk or treat, but then realized TJ would probably be upset with me if I don't let her do some "real" trick or treating, too. So, I'm going to talk to hubby about heading over to Sanctuary of Savannah, but do you ladies have any suggestions on where to have her go around for some actual door-knocking? I'm thinking if she has just one short street to do, both sides, she'll be happy, lol. What's the plan for everyone else?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #59
Mama-saurus
Registered Users

My Mood:

We live in Georgetown & there's a lot of great neighborhoods over here. Well my neighborhood has no kids but we're just a small street so we go over to the next n'hood called Wild Heron Village & it's great there.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #60
nikwik
Registered Users
seller

Aw, Daddy's not feelin' well, so I think we're gonna end up doing some ToTing in Southbridge and call it a night. Go out, come home, eat homemade chicken & dumplings... mm, sounds like a plan to me Hope everyone has fun, wherever they go tonight! And stay safe!