Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #21
froggymiamore
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you use for really dry itchy sensitive skin?

Another for coconut oil. It is about the only thing that has helped her with her REALLY bad eczema. Sometimes I do have to use a steroid, but in general, coconut oil works wonders!

Advertisement

froggymiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
Charitys*Creations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MY DS has eczema due to food and enviroment allergies. We have used steroid creams, coconut oil, cetaphil, vanicream and the only thing that has work well for him is CJ's BUTTer. We call it are little miracle in a bottle. When he as a flare up we use it three times a day and it normally clears up in a few days. We use it on him once a day daily when no flare ups. My DH has Psoriasis and also using it twice a day with great results!!!

Last edited by Charitys*Creations; 03-08-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Charitys*Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:

It's just a guess, OP, but that doesn't sound like real ezcema. It sounds like dermatitis. I'm another to ask what kind of shampoo/body wash you are using on her?

The LAST thing I'd recommend is Aveeno brand anything. I really don't know how people are missing all the chemicals and junk in their stuff. It's almost as bad as J&J.

Anyway, rant over. There's a chemical in many shampoos/body washes called quaternium-10 or quaternium-15 or some other variation of "quaternium" followed by a number. Several of them, including 10 and 15, can react with other chemicals in the product and create a natural formaldehyde. Although it's naturally occuring, we all know that formaldehyde is bad, and it's particularly bad on sensitive skins like your kids' and mine. It can cause dermatitis, but it's often misdiagnosed as eczema. I actually did a blog post on it a few weeks ago.

My youngest broke out terribly in something like you mentioned, and I thought it was eczema, too. Then I found out about polyquaternium and I checked his Aveeno baby wash bottle (we had gotten a free bottle) - sure enough, it was in there. We quit using it and the rashes went away. He still has real eczema, but it's just a little spot here and there.

We use either Shikai's dry skin lotion (super expensive, but we got it free, too.) or I've found that Gold Bond's soothing lotion with chamomile actually works on both boys, and they are both sensitive to perfumes and fragrances. I've heard good things about coconut oil, but we use jojoba oil on occasion (when they are moist from baths) with excellent results, too.

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!

Last edited by WeeEssentials; 03-08-2010 at 10:42 PM.
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
findingstrength
Registered Users

CJ's BUTTer? I'm seriously believing in that stuff....and I haven't even tried it yet.
Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote