Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Advertisement

Last edited by mrspnut82; 04-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: *RANT* Where's the sympathy?

I am totally diggin the pig latin there mama! I am sorry you had to deal with such a witch. Maybe she was having a bad day too..no excuse for the way she treated you though. Could you give the lessons another week and if it happens again quit there and maybe find another place? I am sure your DD's love it so maybe you could find a friendlier place. Hope things go better next time!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let it roll off your back. Don't let some stuck up person who doesn't feel confident enough to have more than one little one at a time get to you and ruin this special time for your 2 daughters. You are obviously doing just fine to be able to get them all ready and out the door and there on time.

If she ever brings up your DD's behavior again, don't rise to her bait. It isn't any of her business unless she does something inappropriate with/to her daughter. Change the subject. Compliment her on how nicely her daughter is behaving or discuss the baby's newest skill. If she persists, simply tell her to do some research on ADHD and come back with a cure for your DD.

ETA: I think your one mistake in the entire interaction with this mother was when you said "should I take her out?" This opened the door for her to give her input into your parenting decisions and might have given her the impression that you weren't feeling up to snuff. Bullies will take advantage of any perceived weakness. Especially the more sublt adult ones.

Last edited by mcpforever; 03-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Keep going to class. Don't let rude people keep you trapped at home. It is healthy for your kids to have socialization and opportunities to learn and grow outside of the home. It's sounds like dance and tumble is a great outlet for a child who possibly has ADHD. I would just let it go. That other mom did overreact but that doesn't mean you have to (by taking your kids out of class permanently). It might help to make an extra effort to get to know the other moms. There are probably other moms that feel just as uncomfortable in a room full of strangers as you do.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't let her chase you off, there are plenty of teachers you said, so let it alone. Don't let this woman judge you, her day will come.
Sounds like you do just fine with the three especially if the little one is on your back and you can see to the others.
Hang in there and practice a couple of comebacks for the witch woman.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
charisma3458
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there. DD1 started gymnastics back in August. She's in the 3 year old gymnastics. The first few months her teachers were having to call for her because she'd get distracted, start playing on other equipment, etc. All the 3 year olds did it. With gymnastics they also teach the kids how to learn to wait in line, wait for there turn, listen to directions, etc. It takes some time. DD1 now has been going there since August and listens and pays attention a lot better. Sure she still gets hyper every now and then and just runs on down the trampoline or jumps the wrong way, but that's expected. I don't stay for the class that often because DD2 usually isn't wanting to sit in her stroller and wait for an hour in there. Plus, I feel uncomfortable not knowing any other moms there.

I'd give it some more time. Maybe the other mom was just having a bad day or maybe she's just like that every day. Who knows, but you shouldn't let that get in the way of your kids doing something they like to do. Give it some more time.
/ /
charisma3458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

OMG this is MY life. My dd is 4 and I SWEAR is ADHD..My dh bro is and she show ALL the signs even the dr agrees but doesnt really want to "diag" her till she is school aged. Anyways she is ALWAYS the wild one Im soooo used to people looking at me funky bc she is acting crazy.

ETA: I have 3 too and they are about the same age as yours so it is ALOT and very rarly do I ever go out with all 3 alone. I had to leave the park yesterday with them bc dd was throwing sand at other kids after I told her atleast 6 times to stop

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 03-06-2010 at 08:02 PM.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think that any 2 or 3 yo who doesn't appear to have ADHD is abnormal. That's how toddlers behave, they have short attention spans, they get board, they change their minds, they are easily distracted, they have melt downs for no apparent reason.

Next time tell her to get a grip.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
I think that any 2 or 3 yo who doesn't appear to have ADHD is abnormal. That's how toddlers behave, they have short attention spans, they get board, they change their minds, they are easily distracted, they have melt downs for no apparent reason.

Next time tell her to get a grip.
Yep! They are still little, still learning how to share their time and space with other people, still learning to put aside their own needs for others. Your DDs are normal, doing what is to be expected. It is the other woman who is being unreasonable. Sorry you had to deal with that. I would blow her off, and go back with my head held high, and be extra syrupy sweet to her. She overreacted.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep going to class! I taught dancing for years and every child has their moments... some more than others but EVERY student had at least one bad day. The other mother should've been more patient and realized they are just kids!

-Rachel
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote