Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #11
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth or disposable wipies?

I'm pretty new to cloth diapers and I'm in the process of switching to cloth wipes. I still have some disposable ones and my FIL and DH have been using them, but I've been using cloth. I found a few months ago that the sposie ones were stripping the paint off of my changing table when they were left open and a wipe was left touching the paint. Yikes.

Tina

Advertisement

tasbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloth wipes here too. I had one box of sposies that I got as a shower gift and it dried up before it was used, lol. I keep a squirt bottle of plain water next to a basket of wipes at the changing table. If I know he's poopy, it's first thing in the a.m., after a nap, etc then I wet the wipe before I pull the diaper back. If I get a surprise I just grab a wipe, lay it on the table an give it a squirt. When done I either tossed in the pail with the dipe (when he was EBF), or now I spray it off with the dipe if it's poopy. I tried a few solutions, but plain-o water works fine (and is best for newborns). I use cloth in the diaper bag too- just keep a small bottle of water in there. It hasn't gotten funky- yet.

I have a LARGE assortment of wipes, flannel, sherpa, velour, terry, hemp and every combo.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #13
jamreed02
Registered Users

I'm working on making my cloth wipes. I picked up a couple yards of the $1 flannel from walmart, and now I'm sewing them double layered, right sides together, then flipping them right side out and topstitching them.
jamreed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #14
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After switching to CD a few weeks ago, wipes were bound to follow. Our reasons for switching were $$$--realized we were spending $50 on sposies and $10 on wipes ea. month! The more I read on the chemicals in the wipes (had never wondered why they could sit in the wipes warmer for a month and never get stinky) the more militant I became about CD. Now I'm happy to be able to give my baby the luxury of having her sensitive bum wiped in smooth velour, microchamois...
While I never had a problem w/ mixing the sposie wipes w/ CDs (just threw them in the pail and washed them, then threw them out as I folded the dipes) I was surprised to see how easy it was to fold the cloth wipes inside themselves (like the sposies are folded) so they pop out of the sposie travel containers and wipes warmer just the same. I actually really enjoy the process of mixing up my solution of boiled water, Burt's Bees Apricot Oil, a few squirts of Mustela newborn wash, and a few drops of TTO and lavender oil, then pouring it over the wipes and warmer pad in the sink, squeezing it out and folding them into the wipes holders. I LOVE the way DD smells now that I'm using this on her!
I sewed my own wipes (again to save $) and am dying to get some of the OV dyed ones from GMAR.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
goofygirl422
Registered Users
seller

Cloth wipes 90% of the time!! I use them on all pee diapers (both girls) and use them on poopy diapers only on my newborn because she is breastfed. When my older daughter poops, I use a throw away wipe. I am actually in the process of trying to make myself start using all cloth wipes.

By the way, I use baby wash clothes (just the cheap ones) and I love them. They actually work better than some of the wipes that I bought.
goofygirl422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #16
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!! That is so awesome. I will probably switch when I run out of the sposies (I love this word, LOL).
Sarah0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #17
gr33nie
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE my cloth wipes. I just use a little bit of water right out of the tap and then throw them in with my dipes when I'm done.

I got them at Cathia's Place
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...asplace/Wipes/

I love sherpa on one side and velour on the other and DH is partial to sherpa/sherpa (how cute is that!)

Sarah
Old 05-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #18
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I love my cloth wipes from trudy4u on eBay! Another mama here said she uses her peri bottle to wet them so this mornin' I found mine filled it w/ hot water and a drop of Head To Toe.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #19
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

CLOTH!!! And I have no one left in dipes lol Seirously, we use wipes for everything...washing hands, faces, butts. We've actually even switched to family cloth in the bathroom instead of tp...well, except for when dh poops He's not ready for that step yet

I have a bucket in the bathrom for dirty cloth....wipes, my pads when af is here and diapers of a friends when she is here. I wash once or twice a week. It's great!!!! I try to keep a small container with some moist wipes filled, but most of the time we wet as we go.
jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #20
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Even when we used sposies, we used cloth wipes. Always have. My kiddies have sensitive bums and using the sposie wipes made them break out bad! I have made some of my own wipes, but if you are just trying, just buy a pack of the cheapie face cloths from Wal Mart to see if you like them! After that, you can get a new obsession
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote