Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
Re: My dd fell off the changing table!!

my oldest my of 5 children fell out of her crib at 9 mos old,she landed on her head and got knocked out,i never moved so fast in my life,but she was at the er in less than 10 minutes and we lived 15 mins away,she was walking at 8 months,i was doing laundry and my sister in law was in the room with her and didn't notice she woke up from her nap.then when she was in my mothers care in her crib on moms porch she pulled a carborator down on her head and only got a tiny scratch.needless i have had quite a few scares with 5 kids but not like the first one.don't worry you are still a good mama,
accidents happen.
dh accidently lifted middle dd up to high and her head hit the cieling fan,thank goodness it was on low.

momoffaith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that this has happened to. (blush) I fell asleep nursing dd. I woke up to a thud. I still feel bad about it. And it was almost 2 1/2 years ago. I never nursed in bed again. I would sit on the couch or the rocker. I cried three times as long as she did. Hugs Momma!!!!
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

that thud really is the worst thud in the world... uhh yeah last week I had a thread about my 5 month old DD falling off the couch so I know how scary that feeling is! I'm glad to hear she's fine now!

wife to DH Chris and mom to beautiful Esther 8/12/06
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

It happens to the best of us... when ever I hear them talk about how britney* is this horrible creature because her son fell our of the highchair, I think "how lame!" thank goodness all us "regular" folk dont have each moment of our lives being watched. KWIM???

Okay I'll share something totally lamer than lame... when my DS1 was about 2 mo old I had one of those bouncy chairs and he used to really like being in it - well one day when i was doing dishes, he was crankier than usual and so I put him on the dryer (laundry room was in the kictchen) because I read babies like that kind of motion. well the metal on the chair was rattling on the top of the thing so I put a blankie on the top and then layed the bouncy on the top of that...welllllllll the chair just slowly rattled its way of the side of the dryer to the floor! baby and chair were face down on the tile florr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaked out. my 2 year old DD was crying cuz I was crying... thanks goodness he was okay - but I still feel like a total moron for it. the folks at the ER didnt make it any better either... anyhow its ok.

(disclaimer* I am not justifying anything else brit brit has done - otherwise I think shes an idiot :giggles: )
Find your local LLL or IBCLC
"In the end, only kindess matters" Jewel

Last edited by moonphishers; 02-03-2007 at 02:16 AM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:19 AM   #15
No Longer Here
My Mood:

baby's are fast, don't beat yourself up mama, i am glad everything is fine
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:49 AM   #16

I know your heart had to just jump out of your chest. Bless your heart. I can not imagine... I don't want this to ever happen to us. I have a ledge there so he can't fall out.. My changing table was custom made for us since I am 6ft I didn't want the 3 footer. Bless your heart. I just always have that fear that my baby will fall on something. Thanks for posting the warning.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote