Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:
Recipe Storage

How do you keep all of your recipes stored? Do you print and use a binder or copy/print things onto cards... I have been sticking loose recipes into my betty crocker cookbook, in the right sections and paperclipping them there, but my book is not closing very well anymore. I think I need some new ideas

Advertisement

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Recipe Storage

I print and put them into page protectors in a binder. The page protectors is to keep them from getting splattered on.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a folder in my email box that I put all my recipes in- I c & p most from the internet and I email them to myself and put them in the folder. I have too much clutter as it is- it's nice to know that I have recipes all in one place and they can't get lost.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have mine in 2 recipe albums (look like photo albums but they are for recipes). One is just Christmas candy and christmas cookies..the other is my everyday stuff. When I was pg with my first I got motivated and recopied all my recipes onto cards and sorted them. Lately with 3 LO's I am lucky an new recipe gets cut from a can/box and stuck in an empty slot..lol
knittingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are not very organized. I have a wooden box that my recipe cards are in. And in the back I've stuck all the ones I've printed from the internet, but they're folded and I wrote the name of the recipe at the top of the fold so I can see it without opening each recipe. lol

I like the email idea pp said. I might try that, but I really like to have a printed out version so I don't have to run to the computer with each step (though I have done that). lol

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Most of my recipes are handwritten on index cards and filed in a plastic box (would love to replace it with a wooden box eventually). The ones that are too long to copy by hand and/or that were photocopied from cookbooks are three-hole-punched and put in a binder that lives on my cookbook shelf. In the box, in each section, I have a card for "recipes not in box," and I write down what I have in the notebook and recipes from my fave cookbooks, w/ page numbers, on that card--like an index.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

P.S. I also have a bookmarks folder in my browser for recipes I haven't tried yet. I don't copy them out, file them, etc. till I've tried them, generally.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A box w/ index cards. When trying a new recipe, I jot it down on scrap paper before using a pretty recipe card.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
armywife1229
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a wooden box that my Dad made me for a wedding present that I print all of my recipe's out and tape them on index cards... My handwriting at points isn't the prettiest. So I use the printer! I usually just keep the ones that I use the most in there... then I have a plastic drawer that I put the ones that I don't use but for holidays and such in there... it just gets too congested if I don't!
armywife1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Living Cookbook software. I am in the process of loading everything on this and getting rid of the loose papers and my binder. I used to have MasterCook and DO NOT recommend it. After putting tons of time/energy into loading all my recipes into this software it totally malfunctioned on me and it was a disaster! Their customer service was bad too. I really like Living Cookbook, very easy to opperate, and you can copy and paste recipes which I love since most of the stuff I find is online. HTH!
~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote