Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talk to me about your NFP experiances. :)

Title says it all...

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about your NFP experiances. :)

Well lets see, we started charting when I was actually still on the pill following some gyn surgery. Then for the next few months until we decided to try for a kiddo, and get preg the 2nd month when we werent actually trying as hard. I used the temp method mostly during this time and a little bit of cm, but I still thought that was a little gross then, Haha what I deal with now

DS was bf until about 17 months ad in our bed or room until about 12 months, got PPAF at 6 months. I mostly just relied on cm then, had a diaphragm but used it twice couldnt take it. Charted successfully with cm and then when he moved to sleeping most of the nights, maybe around 13-14 months put in temps on mornings I could as well. Decided to try without really trying, just not preventing and got preg the first month.

DS is now 1 yr old and stll BF but in his own room since about 6 months. Also got PPAF at 6 months.I do cm and also ovulation tests since not temping. I know that when the cm starts fr me to avoid until about 2 days after my peak line on the tests. SO far so good.

HTH,
heidi
Old 02-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Oh my... I don't even know where to begin because we don't have a definitive moment of when we started using NFP. It just became more and more obvious to me when I learned that artificial birth control was against my religion as to what form of family planning/spacing we'd use.

We've always known when I was fertile because reading my mucus patterns is super simple (I've got enough of it). The only surprise we have is our DD3 but that's because we got pregnant with her 4 months after a miscarriage. Although we wanted a third, we weren't expecting to get pregnant so soon. Not to mention, I didn't chart that month and we only DTD at the very beginning of my mucus patch and at the very end of it (total span of 5 days) so we didn't think we got pregnant.

But I love NFP. I don't have to inject, injest or absorb dangerous chemicals into my body. Not to mention, I can use my charts to see if there is an underlying problem because of the history of patterns. I know a few people that were able to detect a thyroid problem based off their charts and sure enough... they had problems with it!

Are you looking for more information on NFP or just wanting to read about people's experiences?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
But I love NFP. I don't have to inject, injest or absorb dangerous chemicals into my body. Not to mention, I can use my charts to see if there is an underlying problem because of the history of patterns. I know a few people that were able to detect a thyroid problem based off their charts and sure enough... they had problems with it!

:
I would love to know more about this. Low temps? I did NFP between kids (and w/ 2 early mc and my ^Miles^). I would be curious about this.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Well, we are very committed to NFP around here. We are certified NFP instructors with the Couple to Couple League so we actually give classes about it. We started officially learning NFP after our second child was born and have done nothing else since. NFP allows me to detect the return of my fertility while breastfeeding, to determine if I'm actually ovulating or not, to pinpoint due dates more accurately than just going off your LMP. We've never had a surprise pregnancy. We don't use ovulation predictors or anything, just take my temperature most mornings, watch for cervical mucus discharge and occassionally check the position of my cervix. Very easy and actually requires very little of your time or attention once you are used to it. I recommend NFP to everyone simply because there are no side effects and it is immediately reversible should you change your mind about seeking a pregnancy or not.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanSmiles View Post
I would love to know more about this. Low temps? I did NFP between kids (and w/ 2 early mc and my ^Miles^). I would be curious about this.
consistently low temps, so yes.

some info

second source... most informative
Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
jenmcfar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I've used NFP/FAM since December of 2000 and I haven't once regretted it. I've gotten preggos when I wanted to (had a baby boy in 2002 and a girl in 2006) and avoided pregnancy when I didn't. We use withdrawal (not really NFP when you do that) and abstinence on fertile days.

HTH
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

soyou girls use that basal thermometer and chart every day?? argh what patience!! i did that 6mo to see how my cyc;e was and i quit, i hated that i had to do my BT thesame time before getting my feet out the bed. urgghh! LOL
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
Hitchkids
Registered Users

You don't have to take your temp "before getting out of bed" for most folks, you just have to take it first thing in the morning before getting involved with other activities. So take your temp while making your bed or while starting the shower or whatever. For most folks the minimal amount of movement with activities like that will not change the temperature reading. And on the weekends or days when you don't need to get up on time and still need your temperature, you just set an alarm, take your temp and go right back to sleep. Just don't try taking your temperature while chasing a kid down the hall or something like that because excessive activity will alter the temperature.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote