Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #21
mrsberkowitz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Calling Austin Mamas!

mom2shawn, Tiny Birds is in Round Rock just off the 35 near Sam Bass. I've never used trainers... just went straight into underwear (I use pee pads like for a puppy on his carseat for trips out and about), and always have like 3-4 outfits with us just in case. It's been a very long training process!

Advertisement

Proud Owner of Tiny Tots Clothing
mrsberkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #22
DKnightSkye
Registered Users
seller

my schedule is open until school starts in the fall but it's at the mercy of the kids' behavior...with 4 I just never know what tomorrow will bring. So I'm happy to do a meet-up, I just may have to leave early or resign myself to the fact that they will occasionally get me looked at like I'm the worst mom on the planet. Hey, they're kids and they out number me 4 to 1 and they know it.

Not sure if you saw this:
http://www.maternityandnursing.com/c...mob/index.html

I'm going to try to get DH to let me go see what it's all about at least. We'll see....

I get funny looks for CDing but I've noticed for a "crunchy town" I see a lot more bottles in public than I do nursing babies...and the rare nursing baby I've seen the mom wore a nursing cover-up.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #23
mrsberkowitz
Registered Users

My Mood:

We're outnumbered 4 to one as well!! Toss that in with we're moving to Cedar Park next month, so we're packing up all of their toys and everything. They don't know what to do with themselves. We can always get together at the mall or someplace rather contained and let the cloth diapering kids run crazy showing off those big fluffy buns. Once this rain stops lets figure something out!

I've noticed a lot of bottles around here too!!! I've been a very proud breastfeeding mama! My sweet YDD has just weaned too. It was a very sad moment the last time she nursed. Now she only wants a sippy cup of water to go to bed.

Speaking of 4 against one... 2 of mine just woke up. My 8 year old mini-teenager is giving me attitude because her 3 year old brother just woke her up. I want to give them all attitude for waking me up at 5am. Oh well. Coffee is a blessing on days like today!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #24
leroi_de_larue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know, it's amazing that you don't see more cloth diapers and BFing in what is supposed to be a "crunchy" town! Very interesting! Although, I have to say, I'm psyched that there's a couple of stores that sell CDs and related stuff-- in DC, there were NONE!

Love that BFing demonstration idea-- right before I left the DC area, there was a mom who held a nurse-in at a local mall because she had been asked to leave for BFing in public. Insanity, I tell you. She said that one mom was angry at her because she said "my son keeps asking what is that lady doing over there? and I don't know what to tell him!" How about, "that lady is breastfeeding her baby, like millions of women have been doing for thousands of years"????
leroi_de_larue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
DKnightSkye
Registered Users
seller

mrsberkowitz There's a McD's in Cedar Park that we go to ALL the time in the afternoons or rainy days and it's not too far from us (maybe 8 minute drive). INSIDE play place (hard to find here I'm finding). So we could maybe meet up there once you move.

my 8yo and yours would likely get along really well. Mine is 8 going on 16 too and hates being woken up by her little brothers. How old is your 4th? I only see 3 in your siggy.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #26
mrsberkowitz
Registered Users

My Mood:

That sounds awesome! We won't be in Cedar Park until August 3rd when we come back from vacation, but we're only in Round Rock now. Still not too far.

The 4th I have is a little guy I babysit. He's like the son I never had to be pregnant with. He's 2 1/2. It's funny because the one that isn't mine is the only one that looks like me.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #27
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsberkowitz View Post
On another note, I'm pleased to say that we just put an offer in on a house in Cedar Park, so I will no longer be 5 minutes away from TB, instead it'll be closer to 15! Thank goodness. Love the store, but my DH would ban me too. Oh if he only knew.
Congrats! I live in Cedar Park and we really like it. If any of you mamas in the area want to meet up, let me know!

I'm surprised you guys don't see CDing more often. I've run into at least a dozen moms in north Austin/CP over the past few months that CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnightSkye View Post
mrsberkowitz There's a McD's in Cedar Park that we go to ALL the time in the afternoons or rainy days and it's not too far from us (maybe 8 minute drive). INSIDE play place (hard to find here I'm finding). So we could maybe meet up there once you move.
Are you talking about the one at 1431 and Bell? We go there a lot; it's only a few minutes from my house.

Last edited by twolittlebirds; 07-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.
twolittlebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #28
DKnightSkye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolittlebirds View Post
Congrats! I live in Cedar Park and we really like it. If any of you mamas in the area want to meet up, let me know!

I'm surprised you guys don't see CDing more often. I've run into at least a dozen moms in north Austin/CP over the past few months that CD.

Are you talking about the one at 1431 and Bell? We go there a lot; it's only a few minutes from my house.
might be. Not sure of the streets...it's next to Randall's and Marco's Pizza. It was Marco's we were looking for when I found it.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #29
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnightSkye View Post
might be. Not sure of the streets...it's next to Randall's and Marco's Pizza. It was Marco's we were looking for when I found it.
Oh, that wasn't the one I was thinking of, but I know where that one is. My ILs live very close to it.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
chaychayolei
Registered Users

Hi ladies!
I'm in Austin, S. Austin and I'm starting to build up a CD stash for my first due in Sept.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
chaychayolei is offline   Reply With Quote