Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
kais_momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
nubunz?

Has any one on here been using these for 6+ months and have reviews? I have a few of the $3 seconds with the PUL issues. They fit my chunkster great but I'm afraid to buy more (of the 1st quality ones) if they aren't going to hold up.

Advertisement

kais_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Waiting4babybump
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: nubunz?

Mine are holding up just fine (I bought back in September 09) but Ive been drifting away from pockets as of late. Ive been doing more prefolds and fitteds.
Waiting4babybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Waiting4babybump
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are holding up just fine (I bought back in September 09) but Ive been drifting away from pockets as of late. Ive been doing more prefolds and fitteds.
Waiting4babybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope I would not....

The PUL leaked on us and we returned for that as well as snaps falling off for a "warranty" exchange in Oct. and they never sent them back nor will they respond to my e-mails. $50 down the drain. We didn't have seconds or so we thought

Last edited by bellybellybuttons; 03-07-2010 at 07:56 AM.
bellybellybuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
CarrieMeredith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

4 of the 6 that I've bought have PUL issues. I've been waiting on replacements since November. Haven't received any replies to multiple e-mails since December when I was told they would be sent out before Christmas.

Otherwise, they are very good diapers. Great fit and very trim with a hemp insert. I'm pretty sure she figured out the PUL colors that were having issues and put those diapers up for a 'seconds sale'. So, you'd most likely get your money's worth if you bought more that aren't seconds.

However, right now customer service sucks rocks.
CarrieMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I've had 4 since Oct which was after she took out the colours with PUL issues. Mine are great. One snap did come off but it's not worth my money to mail it back because I'm in Canada. I don't use that one anyway! Other than that, they still look exactly the same as after I washed them the first time. I was afraid the fleece wouldn't hold up but it's great. The velcro still looks brand new too. I use hemp in them and they are nice and trim. I'm not that keen on her microfibre inserts.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
JMac
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have only had mine 3 months, but they are used in a fairly large rotation. My firsts are still in perfect shape. 5 of my 8 seconds have PUL issues, only one is unusable.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

I've only had them for couple weeks but I hope they will hold up! I got about 25 of them ... all seconds. I figured for the price even if some do end up having issues, the price is still awesome! So far I've got one that I think has the bad PUL but other than that, I love them! I have some Kawaii diapers too but they seem to be really tight around my 18-month old's thighs so I prefer Nubunz.

My guess is that the worst experience is going to come from those unfortunate who got theirs last year as "firsts" before they found out about the PUL issues and started selling those as seconds. I too would be upset if I had issues with diapers that I'd buy thinking it was 1st quality.
Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

gosh., just when i read rave reviews about KAWAIIS, i now hear rave reviews about NUBUNZ!! aghhhh the more i read on ds the more i know, but thats bad for my wallet!! My daughter is a chunk monkey with thick thighs and despite oonly being 2.5 months, she is already on the largest setting on her BG!! i need to invest in a new set soon too, but i dont want to spend a fortune...whoever said CD saves you money, was definatly no addict! lol.... please help me...between the coolababies, the nubunz, and the kawaiis, whats best for chunksters?! thanks!
issybissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
JMac
Registered Users

My Mood:

On a side note, I wouldn't wash your Nubunz on hot water. My first 4 were seconds and all the PUL ruined on the same wash, so I have to assume it was the water (all were different colors).

Issybissy - From what I've read on people that have both, like their Kawaii's better.