Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can someone compare...

Bumkins to BSWW?

Bumkins to Bummis Original?

My fave PUL/nylon cover is Bummis Original but I was thinking about getting a Bumkins. I do NOT like BSWW for some reason and they just do not seem to fit or work for my DS. Bummis Original were perfect when we had one that fit but I'm trying to decide if I want one of those or a Bumkins. I don't think I've ever tried a Bumkins cover so can anyone help?

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
cloth-centric
Registered Users

Re: Can someone compare...

I never liked the bumkins covers. They are a little too plasticy for me. They were too narrow in the legs and I had to bunch up our prefolds to keep it all covered.
There is a vent in the back that I have really no idea what it's really supposed to do!? I know that it caused some leakage though!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Re: Can someone compare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imommy View Post
Bumkins to BSWW?
Bumkins is made with Nylon and BSWW is made w/ PUL. Since Nylon is not a breathable material the Bumkins has a "vent" in the back to allow air transfer. The vent looks like a point of failure but I've never had anyone report it to be. Bumkins has gussets, laundry tabs and the "pocket" in the front to help hold a prefold in place. Bumkins can not be dried on hot heats.

BSWW has the laundry tabs and "pocket" in front but is made with PUL and the legs are soft elastic (no gussets). BSWW has crossover velcro for the skinny kids.

These two covers are similar in fit IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imommy View Post
Bumkins to Bummis Original?
Bummis Original is PUL w/ the mesh inside. It has wide velcro so you can adjust it not just across but up and down.

If you like Bummis Original then I would try Imse Vimse. Imse Vimse is a better version of bummis Original. IV has gussets, cotton covered and has the same front velcro panel. You'll love Imse Vimse.

Hope that helps.